Protection from evil spirits, a status symbol, a sign of purity, chastity and modesty — the bridal veil’s history is a long one. Said to originate in ancient Rome, today’s bridal veil accentuates a bride’s features and personality. And because you’re not so ordinary, we’ve unraveled all of our tulle and lace to present to you some pretty amazing, non-traditional bridal veils. Get inspired and find the veil or non-veil that goes along with that unique wedding dress.
1. Flapper: For bold brides inspired by the beauty and magnetism of art-deco looks, this headpiece captures the glamour inspired by 1920s fashion. Top your ‘do with this lavish and ornamental flapper-style veil and walk down that aisle in flawless style. (via Burnett’s Boards)
2. Venetian Lace Headpiece ($38): Wrap your updo in a vintage twist with this romantic, handmade lace headpiece, texturally you get the sense of a veil, minus the nuisance of a train.
3. Romantic White Lace Bandeau Mask ($45): Forego the veil and make your grand entrance in this romantic and flirty bandeau mask.
5. Butterfly Comb ($28): Let whimsy take flight on your big day with bright and bold Monarch butterfly clips.
6. Bibi Fusette Birdcage ($104): Pin your hair up and entwine your beauty in a contemporary wrapping of tulle and lace with this unique birdcage veil.
7. Brass Floral Halo ($210): We did say that woodland weddings are taking root this year, and a golden halo of brass leaves and flowers complement the theme in exquisite style. Crown too much? Opt for a comb instead.
8. Piazza Hat ($60): Here’s a fashionable way to shield yourself from the sun for an outdoor wedding. Handmade with tulle and goose feathers the piazza hat is safely secured by a comfortable headband. Go ahead, add a hint of je ne sais quoi to your big day!
10. Lace Blossom Hair Vine ($125): Flexible, bendable and adjustable, this hair vine is designed to shape and style any way you want. It wraps around your head up to two times and is adorned with hand-sewn crystals and lace blossoms, simply put — this is one whimsical headpiece.
11. DIY Bohemain Chain Headpiece: With 10 minutes and some wire clippers you can design this boho headpiece to match your wedding day style. Make it extra personal by adding meaningful charms, crystals or heirlooms. (via All The Good Girls Go To Heaven)
12. Velvet Cocktail Hat ($120): Put a bow on it indeed! In the world of fascinator hats, this one isn’t joking around! The velvet bow and blusher combined are sure to make your onlookers gasp with a different kind of fascination.
13. Cosette Flower Wrap ($269): Forego the bouquet and wear your pop of color in your hair. Flirty and fun, this silk-flower and gold-rhinestone band is just what you need to make a personal statement. If you’re saving your pennies for the ultimate honeymoon then check out this awesome DIY.
14. DIY Black Birdcage: A bride in black! We’d hardly bat an eye. A little black lace detail denotes a refined and bold look to your wedding day ensemble. Add a flower or rhinestone clip to make this non-traditional veil your own. (via Oh La La Plume)
15. Marguerite Sash ($398): This hand-dyed, silk chiffon sash embellished with rhinestones and a chic, silk bloom is a true showstopper. The price tag is a bit hefty but for creative DIYers this could be a cinch!
17. Blue Feathered Fascinator ($15): SATC fans, Carrie Bradshaw’s search for “something blue” led her to the iconic, blue bird of paradise plume adorning her hair. You too can accent in “something blue” with this vibrant, fascinator headband.
18. Ginger Jeweled Scarf ($495): Say “I do” with this fashionable scarf in place of the traditional veil.
Are you walking down the aisle veiled or unveiled? Let us know in the comments below, better yet send us a pic!