Folks, Father's Day is less than a week away! We've rounded up a bunch of father-friendly gadgets, from a Darth Vader CD player to a laser projected keyboard, but now it's time to talk about home cookin'.
Everyone knows that the way to any man's heart is most definitely through his stomach, and your dad, husband, or brother is sure to appreciate a plate of good grub this Sunday, especially if bacon, beer, or hot sauce is involved. A total culinary generalization? Yes. Mostly true? Also yes.
1. Beer and Bacon Mancakes: We'll start with an obvious favorite, and one for breakfast time. Gotta hand it to Betty Crocker for this one. All you need is beer, Bisquick, brown sugar, bacon and eggs. WIN. (Recipe and photo: Betty Crocker)
2. Ham and Cheese Waffles: Next item for breakfast would be these super delicious ham and cheese waffles. That's right. Ham. And. Cheese. Waffles. You thought chicken was the only meat that got along with your favorite grid-like breakfast cake? (Recipe and photo: Bon Appetit)
3. Jalapeño Popper Buffalo Chicken Bundles Wrapped in Bacon: It's too much. We know. But seriously, this recipe's title says it all. Why not combine bacon, jalapeño poppers and buffalo chicken into one totally outrageous plate of hors d'oeuvres? (Recipe and photo: E is for Eat)
4. Grilled Pineapple Pork Kabobs: Our first grilling recipe this summer, this is a smokey take on savory-meets-sweet. This would definitely be a good place to start if you're setting up a DIY Kabob station at Sunday afternoon's BBQ. (Recipe and photo: Brit & Co.)
5. Frito Chili Pie: Frito pie! We turn to none other than The Pioneer Woman for this tasty number. This is a great move for a casual lunch or summer supper, especially when served right in Frito bags! (Recipe and photo: The Pioneer Woman)
6. Beer Can Chicken: Yep. You're actually putting a half can of beer inside of a chicken for this manly recipe. Get your half-filled can of beer ready, lower the marinated chicken onto the open can, cover the grill and walk away. Remove the beer can before serving, and revel in the hoppy taste. (Recipe and photo: Simply Recipes)
7. Deep Dish Mini Pizzas: An entire pizza dad can eat in one bite? We'll take it. This recipe appeared in our series on ways to Go Mini for the Super Bowl. Pretty much any of those recipes is a safe bet for this Sunday. (Recipe and photo: Brit & Co.)
8. Grilled Shishito Peppers: Now, a little green heat. Shishito peppers are basically an appetizer version of Russian Roulette. One in five is hot as the scorching sun, and you never know what you're gonna get. Dad can totally handle it. (Recipe and photo: CHOW)
9. Oven-Fried Onion Rings: Looking for a fried fix without the frying? We promise these are just as good as the real diner deal, but with tons of room for flavorful improvisation! Plus, the pickled garlic scape sauce in this is good on just about anything. (Recipe and photo: Not Without Salt)
10. Chocolate-Dipped Beer & Pretzel Marshmallows: Inspired by Beer and Pretzel Marshmallows by Truffle Truffle these little darlings are definitely a grown-up chocolate-covered marshmallow. The alcohol in the beer does bake out, but save a bottle or two to enjoy with this yummy dessert. (Recipe and photo: The Kitchn)
11. Gin Daddy: Summers are about cocktails, and sometimes a classic twist on Gin and Tonic is simply the bee's knees. This combines gin, lemon juice, limoncello, honey, seltzer and rosemary to create a refreshing, lovely, Sunday treat. (Recipe and photo: Teroforma Blog)
12. Baseball Jello Shots: Is your dad too manly for jello shots? What if they're in the shape of baseballs? He won't be able to resist. Be sure to check out all of our spiked sweets if you're looking for Father's Day dessert inspiration. (Recipe and photo: Brit & Co.)
What are you cooking up this Sunday? Share your dad's favorite recipes in the comments below, or say hi on Twitter. Happy Father's Day!