It’s that time of year again. With the holiday season soon upon us, we’re already setting our sights on some DIY candy and foodie gifts to make for our favorite folks. These 15 brittle recipes are the perfect, anything-but-basic addition to your next cookie tray and are delicious enough to package up solo. Plus, a few of these treats put your homemade candy to use (or use up some of that leftover Halloween candy).
2. Leftover Halloween Candy Bark: And for everything else sitting in your trick-or-treat bag, use this recipe. Now that that’s out of the way, we can move onto some holiday gifting… (via Brown Eyed Baker)
4. Peanut Brittle Slice: Each of these rich cookies pair crumbly shortbread with a layer of peanut brittle and dark chocolate, perfect for satisfying cookie and candy cravings in one fell swoop/bite. (via Little Box Brownie)
5. Caramel Corn Brittle: Sometimes the sweetest things result from recipes gone awry, this brittle is one such example. The fusion of brittle and classic caramel corn works beautifully. (via Hummingbird High)
7. Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle: One bowl, one pan and only a few minutes of prep work means this crispy cookie brittle couldn’t be much easier to make. So simple, in fact, that it just may replace your go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. (via Broma Bakery)
8. Honeycomb Brittle With Pumpkin Seeds: Making this airy brittle at home may take a watchful eye, but the crisp, airy candy that results is more than worth it. Peanuts and pumpkin seeds team up to add a unique twist and touch of substance to this outstanding version. (via Noshings)
9. Texas Brittle: This hodgepodge of salty snack foods — pretzel sticks, corn chips and pecans — all covered in milk chocolate is super quick to make and totally fun to snack on. (via Buns in My Oven)
10. Peanut Brittle: If a bubbling cauldron of hot sugar on the stovetop makes you nervous, no worries. With this recipe, you can whip up your own homemade candy in the microwave instead. (via Noshing With the Nolands)
11. Rouleau Cafe: Each petite sponge cake boasts an awesome contrast in texture. Springy cake, fluffy whipped cream and crisp walnut brittle are all so different, yet play together nicely with a finishing drizzle of coffee sauce. (via Crumbs and Cookies)
12. Chocolate Coated Macadamia Brittle: Buttery macadamias are treat enough on their own, but with a candy coating followed by a dip in chocolate, they become a goodie that folks will clamor for. (via Chew Town)
13. Salted Rosemary Pecan Brittle: Rosemary and sea salt offer a savory balance to this sweet brittle. Not a fan of pecans? Almonds, pine nuts and even classic peanuts can be subbed in, no sweat. (via Bakerita)
14. Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes With Bacon Sesame Brittle: Bacon. Brittle. If that’s not reason enough to retire the usual sweet potato casserole (if only temporarily), we’re not sure what is. (via Bon Appétit)
15. Ferrero Rocher Cake: Get ready for hazelnut and chocolate overload. Nutella stars in the cake batter, buttercream AND ganache of every slice of this hazelnut brittle and Ferrero Rocher-garnished creation. (via Sweet Frosting)
What’s your favorite DIY candy to make at home? Let the sweet[s] talk commence in the comments!