We’ve been there, done that with sheet masks and overnight skincare products, and now our K-beauty friends are introducing us to yet another treatment that’s causing a selfie sensation: the bubble mask. This foaming, effervescent, oxygen-infused treatment has been blowing up our Insta feeds, and if you haven’t had the pleasure of seeing one for yourself, we’ve got the skinny. Seconds after you apply the mask, the formula fizzes and puffs up in a sudsy foam that makes your face look as if you were the Michelin Man (hence the cray-cray selfie takers). It’s kinda freaky and definitely cool, but what’s really happening is that the oxygen-infused foam (the main ingredient that causes the fizzing action) is doing a lot of good for your skin — namely deep cleaning, brightening and tightening up pores for a smoother, fresher look. Want to give one a whirl? We’ve found the latest products that will give you perfect-looking skin and the perfect opportunity for a #bubblemask selfie.
1. e.l.f Hydrating Bubble Mask ($14): It starts out innocently in the form of a cool gel, but the true magic happens when you apply a thin layer and it starts to fizz. This moisture-rich formula has conditioning ingredients that get deep down into the skin, leaving your face feeling softer and smoother minutes later.
2. Peter Thomas Roth Brightening Bubble Mask ($55): This bubble mask — loaded with natural and proprietary brightening ingredients — is made for tackling serious UV damage, like blotchy and dull-looking skin. And here’s a bonus: That afterglow is perfect for achieving that no-makeup makeup look.
3. T.E.N. Cremorlab O2 Bubble Energizing Mask ($52): Thanks to the addition of soothing thermal water, this mask is great for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The oxygenated bubbles cleanse and clear away clogged pores and leave behind good-for-your-skin camella and acai berry extracts, two powerful antioxidants.
4. Caolion O2 Bubble Pore Pack ($26): Don’t be scared of the gray-ish shade of this bubbly mask. The active charcoal (which gives it that dark hue) and oxygen work together to clear away trapped dirt, blackheads and oil, while exfoliating ingredients gently slough away dead skin cells to keep your complexion healthy and pimple-free.
5. Miss Spa Oxygenating Bubble Mask ($7): We love how this single pack is totally road trip-friendly (as in, let’s convert our hotel room into a mini-spa!) when you need a pick-me-up after a long journey. The creme formula self-activates into a serious foam that exfoliates, brightens, hydrates and reinvigorates for a luminous, healthier look all around.
Want more product recs? Follow us on Pinterest for more skin inspo + ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.