After you go meatless and gluten-free, one of the first things you miss are pasta and pizza, obvi. Luckily, there are lots of tasty pasta alternatives, including rice noodles and chickpea versions. But a good, crispy GF pizza crust is pretty hard to come by, unless you know a few hacks. One of the best tricks is to use buckwheat flour, which despite having the word “wheat” in the title has always been 100 percent gluten-free. Here are 15 buckwheat pizza recipes that say, “Girlfriend, you’re not missing a thing.”
2. Cauliflower Buckwheat Pizza: The crust on this pizza is chock full of healthy ingredients like buckwheat, cauliflower, and chia seeds. But the homemade spinach pesto is the real star of the show. (via One Green Planet)
6. Roasted Eggplant and Pepper Pizza on a Buckwheat Crust: This pizza is so spicy and good, it’s going to convert some new eggplant lovers. Leave off the optional feta for the vegans at the table. (via Golubka Kitchen)
10. Early Summer Pizza With Heirloom Tomatoes: This recipe makes enough dough for four personal size pizzas and it keeps in the freezer. Make a double batch, and pull them out as needed on nights when you’ve had to work late. (via Whole Hearted Eats)
13. Roasted Vegetable Pizza With Vegan Béchamel and Buckwheat Flour Crust: This one’s for all the thick crust lovers out there. The flaxseed in this crust give it the chew texture you crave — and it passes the “fold and eat” test. (via Goodness to Glow)
14. Best Ever Gluten-Free Pizza Crust and Tomato Sauce Recipe: Kiss *gluten envy* goodbye. This homemade crust and sauce is so authentic tasting, it will put your pizza Fridays back on the menu. (Global Foodery)
If you’re always searching for healthier versions of your fave comfort foods, follow us on Pinterest for more.