Sometimes, celebrities really surprise us with their fashion choices — especially when it seems like they simply went to the mall for their latest trends. Remember all the baseball caps and concert t-shirts from earlier this summer?
Well, yet another totally basic athleisure trend has been popping up — the track pant. Whether you call them joggers, track pants or sweatpants, it’s a style that celebrities have been sporting all over the place (at airports in particular) across the world. The good news is that, unlike yoga pants, there are so many variations of joggers, so this trend is actually perfect for any body type and personality. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Wilfred Free Kadina Pant ($145): Get fancy with these faux leather joggers. Sure, you can wear them at the airport, but why not try them at the office with pumps and a silk blouse too?
2. Zara Jogging Trouser ($20): It doesn’t get easier (or cheaper) than these joggers from Zara. The drawstring and cuffs are nice touches that help make them feel fancier than regular old sweats.
3. Make and Model Varsity Sweatpants ($49): If you’re a typical sweats girl, ain’t nothin’ wrong with that. Upgrade from regular ones you wear on the couch to some you can wear while traveling in style.
4. Dorothy Perkins Stripe Side Joggers ($45): Fancy stripes are just one of the ways to wear this trend. The red, black and white color combo on this pair is one that will work all throughout fall.
5. Misguided Crepe Joggers ($32): Try track pants with cuffs and stripes for an athleisure look that’s totally cozy and chic. If you need to go straight from the plane to cocktails, do like this model does and just strap on your favorite heels. Yes, it works!
6. Forever 21 Plus Size Joggers ($15): Red is bold and daring — and can also be super comfortable.
7. Topshop Camo Joggers ($58): In lieu of those army green pants you’ve been wearing for the past few seasons, try these camo-printed joggers instead.
8. Volcom Striped Pants ($50): If you’re ready to get super comfy, a pair like these from surfer brand Volcom will do the trick. You can dress them up with a long tee and flats, or just wear them with a tee and your fave sneakers.
9. Adidas Performance Tiro Pant ($45): Sometimes, the original style is the best. If you’re a purist, go for these from Adidas. They’re comfortable, stylish and obviously celeb-approved.
10. Silence and Noise Andy Pull-On Jogger ($59): These might be the perfect fall joggers. They’re soft and comfortable, but still totally stylish — and you can get away with wearing them to some casual offices, thanks to the wide waistband.
11. Dorothy Perkins Black Front Stripe Jogger ($44): Stripes on the sides will elongate your legs, but try going for something down the front too — it’s a unique take on the trend.
12. Alternative Apparel Boheme Challis Pants ($74): Color lovers, try these cobalt blue pants this season. They’ll pair nicely with simple ballet flats and a silk button-down for work, or with a sweatshirt and slip-ons for the weekend.
Tweet us your best airport outfit @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature photo via Kimberly White / Getty)