Cameron Diaz certainly knows how to make us laugh (have you seen her play Drinko with Jimmy Fallon, because bahaha!), but she also has some simple keys to longevity and living your best life that you definitely want to add to your own fabulous lifestyle.
In the star’s book, The Longevity Book: The Science of Aging, the Biology of Strength, and the Privilege of Time, Cameron takes readers through a look at the “art and science of growing older.” But beyond that, it also offers ways to enjoy a healthy and resilient lifestyle as you age.
While other stars focus on nutrition and exercise, Cameron feels like there is more to well-being. In fact, there are five keys to good-living that we should all keep in mind. Thankfully for us, she was willing to share her secrets via an interview with Bon Appétite.
Here’s how to live well like Cameron Diaz:
1. Nutrition: Eating clean, healthy food is a given at this point, though that’s not to say that it’s not a struggle. The benefits are worth it though, according to Cameron, and the same goes for the rest of the items on this list.
2. Sleep: Getting the proper rest and recovery time is vital for your mind and body, so make sure to hit the hay before it gets too late and to turn off your alarm whenever you have the chance to sleep in.
3. Physical Activity: “I don’t mean just working out at a gym for two hours then sitting for eight. We need constant movement, periodically, throughout the day.” It’s suggested that we get up from our desks at least once every half hour, so this seems like some pretty sound advice.
4. Stress Release: Once you’ve built up all of that adrenaline at the gym and moving about throughout the day, remember to chill out and release any pent up stress. Whether you choose a little yoga, some mediation or a Netflix binge-fest, pick your fave and be sure to let yourself unwind.
5. Community Connection: Cameron claims that the final item on her list is the need to “find a connection or purpose with the community around us.” How can you do that? It’s simple! Just take some time for your BFF. The super celeb explains, “Like, when I sit down to a meal with a friend, it’s really just part of improving my well-being. It’s not just the food I’m eating. I can restrict the hell out of my eating generally, but when I sit down with a friend, no matter what I eat, it’s good for me.” We hear ya, gal! Brunch with our besties is always good for the soul.
Cameron’s keys to longevity really do sound like the road to living our best lives and is easy as one, two, three (er, four, five).
What are your keys to longevity and living your best life? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(h/t Bon Appétite, photos via Theo Wargo, Steve Jennings/Getty)