Just because the bride and groom happen to be keeping their “I dos” causal doesn’t mean there’s any reason to show up wearing skinny jeans and that beat up pair of Birkenstocks you’ve been kicking it in ever since Memorial Day. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to be comfy and relaxed without looking sloppy, whether the couple’s tying the knot on a tropical beach in Hawaii or at a rustic farm in Virginia. Snag one of these 15 casual yet classy looks before summer wedding season comes to a close, and get ready to let the good times roll!
1. Slate + Willow Derek Dress ($50 Rental): Want to look chic without blowing your budget? This dress normally retails for $370 but can be borrowed from Rent the Runway for just $50. Sweet!
2. Lavendel Dress ($228): Feminine florals mixed with a polka dot pattern make this lightweight dress the perfect pick for a romantic garden wedding.
3. Caftan Pleated Maxi ($106): Any chance you have to wear a caftan, take it. This dress can be dressed up or down with a pair of heels or boots. It’s an ideal choice for a locale that might run a bit on the cooler side.
5. Cutout Swing Dress ($20): Spent all your funds on plane tickets, hotel rooms and presents for the bride and groom’s big day? Don’t sweat it. This coral dress is here to help you look your best without you having to pull out the credit card.
6. Blocked Out Dress ($98): Make a splash at your next beach wedding by stepping onto the sand in this relaxed pink and red number.
7. Portia Shift Dress ($298): Shift dresses are always in style, especially when they feature stunning embroidery and a bold, bright hue. Dress this one up or down based on the wedding venue and time of day.
9. Floral Shift ($68): If you roll with an arty crew, this graphic floral free form dress is one that will catch their eyes… not that you’re trying to take attention away from the bride or anything.
10. T Shirt Dress in Botanical Print ($68): Isn’t it great when you can find a dress that seamlessly ties into the wedding theme? Garden party wedding, anyone?
11. Open-Back Dress ($80): As if the vibrant orange hue weren’t already reason enough to fall head over heels in love, this dress’ open-backed styling turns it into an absolute must-have.
12. Bandeau Dress in Check ($48): You can’t go wrong with black and white and you can’t go wrong with checked or windowpane print. Keep it classic, channel Audrey Hepburn and you’ll be golden.
13. Placement Print T-Shirt Shift Dress ($62): We’ve said it once and we’ll say it again — you just can’t go wrong with a shift dress for an easy, breezy end-of-summer affair.
14. Lace Insert Sheath ($87): This soft peachy color could even work for a bridesmaid dress. The lace lends a vintage feel and gives a fun little peek-a-boo-is-it-a-midi-or-is-it-a-mini vibe. Basically, you always keep them guessing.
What’s your go-to outfit for a casual wedding? Let us know below!