Remember those funny Halloween Costumes we’ve been laughing about for days? Well, we’ve discovered something even better: pretty much any costume on a cat. Halloween isn’t only about creepy or clever costumes, face-transforming Halloween makeup and all that fake gore. It’s also about some of the warm and fuzzy parts of life too — like forcing your cat into a mini-costume. So in the name of Halloween shenanigans, get a few laughs in while enjoying these cats in Halloween costume. And then really think through whether or not your kitty will turn your house into a crime scene if you make her part of the group Halloween costume this year.
4. “I’m Not Famous” Cat: Remember when Shia LaBeouf stuck a paper bag on his head that read, “I’m Not Famous Anymore”? Well, we think that if that’s the look this cat is going for, it’s rocking it. (via Attack of the Cute)
6. Your Fright Shop Cat Police Costume ($19): Don’t mess with this guy. We’re pretty sure that’s a miniature cat-taser (AKA claws) in his paw.
9. Unicorn Cat: Yass. We’re hoping to see many more unicorn kitties this Halloween. The doll-rider is optional (depending on how tolerant your kitty is).
10. Wacky Cat: We all have that one “wacky” relative, teacher or in-law that we just can’t help but poke a little fun at. If passive aggression’s your thing, allow that person to inspire your cat’s costume for a truly crazy getup.
11. “Catty” Winehouse: If your cat has the posture to pull off a beehive and has a penchant for eye makeup (but really… probably don’t do that to your cat), pay homage to the late Amy Winehouse with your cat’s costume this year.
13. St. Catty: This punny kitty is dressed up in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. We think he does such a fine impersonation that a name-change for the holiday should be considered — “St. Catty’s Day” sounds about right. This costume is purr-fect for Halloween too. (via The Dainty Squid)
18. Pawsome Couture Amazing Minions Cat Costume ($50): These are the most adorable minions we’ve ever seen. The costumes work best with more than one. We’re completely obsessed.
25. Suddenly Cat Pirate Costume ($25): This pirate costume is amazing. Plus, film your cat running and turn it into a GIF; it might just go viral. Oh wait, that’s been done.
27. Cat-Cow: Calling all yogis! Get punny with your cat and dress him up as one of the classic cat-cow postures.
28. Tiger Cub: This little Bengal already looks the part! We are so in love with the adorable mane-d look.
29. Harry Paw-ter: Woohoo! Finally, a costume for Potterheads that truly does the series justice. Getting your pet in on the action is the best idea yet.
30. Woody from Toy Story: Any Pixar lover’s cat costume dream. The fact that this cat is busting out of its Woody costume makes it even funnier.
31. Mario: Any cat can dress up as Mario or Luigi, but not just any cat will have the perfect mustache marking to match.
32. Batman and Joker: The Joker has totally mastered the evil-crazy look. We’re not confident that Batman’s gonna win this round, but the pictures you’ll take will be priceless.
33. Devil Cat: How could something so cute be evil? Oh, it’s possible. All it takes is dressing your cat in a costume to find out.
34. “Hot Dog” Cat: Or a “Hot Cat.” There’s nothing like a play on words to get the Halloween puns flowing.
35. Santa Cat: This costume had us at the Santa Hat — and then we saw the beard. Maybe you’ll get to use this costume during both holidays.
36. Eeyore Cat: How much do you love the adorable downer from the Winnie the Pooh books? We’re guessing a lot. And this cat makes for an adorable Eeyore.
37. Monsters: “I am adorable. Hear me roar!” What do you think he’s really saying?
38. Princess Leia: Your cat was as excited as you for Leia’s return, right? Meow the force be with you!
39. The Life Aquatic Costume: Wes Anderson fan? Us too. This Steve Zissou costume makes for one cool cat. Seriously.
40. Batman Cat: Here’s one cat costume that lets Gotham (and the rest of us) sleep at night. This cat is less than thrilled.
41. Dragon: This ferocious feline can’t help it if he looks like the cutest dragon ever. So adorable.
42. Crab: For the extra crabby kitty in your life. Bonus points for his adorable tiny shirt.
43. Dinosaur: Here’s a take on Catzilla that’ll win you some favor this Halloween. We’re willing to bet this dino-cat makes for one awesome snuggle buddy.
44. Donald Trump: Make America great again — with this cat costume. Honestly, though, this is a really good start!
Do you have your own feline friend who looks fabulous in a Halloween Costume? Show us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.