Stick-straight locks and sleek updos are gorgeous in their own right, especially during the holidays when that extra bit of shine in your strands can pull your ready-to-party look together. But as of late, many stars have been sporting a ‘do that feels a lot less wintry — messy waves that read a lot more beach babe than snow bunny — and we’re loving the seasonal shakeup. If slicked-back so does not feel like your festive beauty vibe, scroll through these photos of 13 celebrities rocking the prettiest messy ‘dos around to find your more effortless holiday hair match.
1. Lauren Conrad: Golden blonde ombre hair looks stunning done up with slightly unkempt and tousled waves. (Photo via Vivien Killilea/Getty)
2 + 3. Kendall Jenner + Kylie Jenner: The stylish Kardashian-Jenner sisters both flaunted amazing tousled waves that make us want to match ‘dos with our PIC. (Photo via Lisa Maree Williams/Getty)
4. Dascha Polanco: Forget orange — messy hair is the new black. This OITNB star kills it on the red carpet with her effortless chocolate colored waves. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
5. Amy Schumer: Funny lady Amy Schumer looks like the icon of lazy-girl chic with her disheveled tresses and bangs swept out of her face. (Photo via Ben Gabbe/Getty)
6. Selena Gomez: Selena’s no-fuss locks aren’t quite straight but aren’t quite wavy, making them the ultimate in #wokeuplikethis hair goals. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
7. Olivia Palermo: When they’re rocked by a fashion girl such as Olivia, it’s definite proof that messy waves are a hot-ticket hairstyle that can fit any occasion. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
8. Emma Stone: Ladies with shorter hair can get in on the messy waves as well, as evidenced by Emma’s gorgeous auburn ‘do. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
9. Rashida Jones: When paired with a long sweeping fringe, messy waves have a super bohemian feel that we can’t get enough of. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
10. Ashley Tisdale: Rock the rose gold hair trend in rumpled, easy waves like Ashley Tisdale. SO pretty for your nine-to-five or a night of dancing. (Photo via Vivien Killilea/Getty)
11. Cara Delevingne: Your long hair will look super romantic when styled in sweeping, flowy waves, like this hairdo sported by It girl Cara Delevingne. (Photo via Stuart C. Wilson/Getty)
12. Ashley Benson: If you want to get in on this trend but don’t want to sacrifice any of your hair’s length, opt for gentler, longer waves instead. (Photo via Laura Cavanaugh/Getty)
13. Rihanna: Messy, curly waves and bantu knots look amazing on Rihanna paired with a daring black lip. If you’re into bolder styles, this is the look to emulate. (Photo via Christopher Polk/Getty)
How dreamy are these hairstyles? Follow us on Pinterest for more hairspiration.