One of our favorite things about the beauty world is that it always keeps us on our toes. One minute a style can be totally taboo, then before we can even say “hair stencil,” what was once a sartorial no-no is now a must-have. Everywhere we turn, beauty myths are being busted left and right. The latest beauty rule that was meant to be broken involves playing match game with your tresses and brows. While Gwen Stefani, Marilyn Monroe and Madonna are famous for their blonde hair, they’ve also showed us just how amazing it can look with bold, dark brows. A slew of celebs are forgoing brow bleach and rocking dark brows with light hair for a look that is refreshingly unexpected. From bombshell to edgy to rebellious, mismatched brows and hair are so now.
1. Gwen Stefani: Gwen has always challenged the status quo when it comes to style, which is why we were not surprised to see her pioneer this bold look. How great does the darker brow look with her perfectly pale lips?
2. Taylor Swift: What goes perfectly with breaking up with your boyfriend and instantly rebounding? Dark brows. Don’t believe us? Ask TSwift.
3. Rita Ora: The blonde hair and dark brows thing isn’t only for girls with pale skin. Rita Ora shows us that it can slay on darker complexions too.
4. Ke$ha: Who knew that the perfect accessory for silvery granny hair was dark brows? Ke$ha did. Low-key shout out to her bomb statement necklace in this pic.
5. Julianne Hough: First Julianne Hough wowed us with her perm. Now, she’s straight-up slaying with natural highlights and brunette brows. #goals
6. Amber Rose: You don’t have to have long hair to rock the dark brows and light hair trend. Muva Amber and her bleach blonde buzz cut are proof.
7. Reese Witherspoon: Miss Legally Blonde shows us that the perfect match for blonde hair is a pair of dark (not pink) brows. We love the beach-tastic looks of darker roots too.
8. Kate Upton: The model is a perfect example of how the bold brow-light hair combo doesn’t always have to be edgy. Sometimes it can be all-American too.
Want to see more beauty trends? Follow us on Pinterest!
(Featured photo via Mark Davis/Getty)