After lovin’ on those chic, low hairstyles for warm weather, it’s high time we show their sky-grazing counterparts some love. ICYMI, the high pony is the trendiest look of the moment — and it’s prob going to dominate summer hair. Peek at the styles below for some star-studded hairspiration on how to make the look work for you.
1. Ciara’s Bardot-Inspired High Pony: Ciara perfected the nostalgic look made famous by Brigitte Bardot. The classic French style features long, center-parted bangs that fall in face-framing layers and soften a long, teased pony.
2. Jessica Alba’s Formal High Pony: The star’s soft, shiny strands slay in a slicked-back, tidy pony that puts her fab ensemble front and center.
3. Ariana Grande’s High Pony With Straight Bangs: Grande channels her signature girly vibes with a blown-out mane and thick, blunt bangs. The subtle, natural curl at the ends mellows the look, while a lock of her hair keeps a ponytail holder under wraps.
4. Zendaya’s Straight High-Pony: The It-girl’s ‘do features an impressive mane, styled stick-straight. Copy the ultra-groomed look to add a sassy edginess to your summer selfies.
5. Lily Aldridge’s Textured High Pony: Aldridge steers clear of “messy-pretty” territory with a gently pulled back and tousled pony. The subtle arrangement includes a hint of natural wave for just the right amount of texture.
6. Khloe Kardashian: The sassiest Kardashian nails rock-star-chic vibes in her wavy, platinum-blonde #LOTD. We dig the contrast between her tightly brushed-back strands and those freely flowing waves cascading down her back.
7. Jourdan Dunn’s High Twist: This high-fashion take on the trend uses a statement hair accessory for added height. With a thick-hair-friendly holder and whimsical twists, this magical hairdo is a definite head-turner.
8. Shay Mitchell’s Messy-Pretty High Pony: We’re dead — the PLL-alum dominates with the most perfectly imperfect, beachy pony of all time. Love.
9. Gisele Bündchen’s Casual High Pony: The natural beauty just owned this casual-glam, daytime style. Her sun-kissed waves fall voluminously behind her with the same casual-cool perfection she rocks on the catwalk.
How will you rock the high pony trend? Tell us on Pinterest!