You don’t have to (still) be mourning the finale of The Walking Dead to want to take your undead look to the next level this Halloween. Since zombies are trending right now, the competition is stiff — and you’ll need to go that extra mile so that you don’t end up looking like just any #BasicZombie. So if you’re throwing together a zombie costume last-minute and need lots of inspiration (because, duh, “zombie apocalypse” is the best group costume ever), we’ve totally got you covered. Here are 22 incredibly scary-chic costumes that’ll guarantee you’re the hottest undead lady at the party.
1. Pop Art Zombie: A gorgeous combo of the traditional Dia de Los Muertos sugar skull and our pop-culture obsession with the undead, the pop art zombie costume is seriously trending right now. We’re a major fan of this style’s super creepy red accents and grey, wispy hair!
2. Corpse Bride: Even if she’s technically a corpse, the fact that she’s undead qualifies her as a zombie, right? And this is one incredible make-up job — the monochromatic blue look contrasted with a bright pink lip manages to be supernatural and beautiful.
3. Zombie Bride: If you’d like to go for a more natural-looking zombie bride style (i.e. not blue, green or gray all over), check out this look. Dark plum makeup makes for an excellent sunken-looking ghoulish eye, and by using the same dark makeup on your chest and shoulders, you’ll end up looking covered in dirt… undead just in time for some candy corn.
4. Pop Art Zombie: Just in case you didn’t believe us, the pop art zombie really is happening in a major way this year. This look gets super creative with eyelid makeup for the ultimate glazed zombie-stare in photos.
5. Zombie Mermaid: If you’re into the zombie vibes this Halloween, but you don’t want to sacrifice all the glitz and glam of a girly costume, the zombie mermaid might be a good option for you. She is most definitely a zombie, but she still looks pretty!
6. Zombie Pin-Up: The zombie pin-up girl is a truly creative idea. Combine your love of all things vintage with the signature looks of a zombie, and you’ve got yourself a photogenic keeper. (via Bingo Bongos)
11. Zombie Beauty Queen: This is similar to the idea of “prom zombie,” but with a slight twist. We’re just trying to figure out if she became a zombie before or after winning the pageant. (via Bustle)
16. Zombie Hat ($45): Sometimes it’s a relief to just be able to throw on a hat. At the very least, you won’t have to worry about styling your hair. Add some black lipstick and it’s an instant outfit.
18. Zombie Bridesmaids: We know all about the back-from-the-dead bride, but what about her badass bridesmaids? Forget the couples costume. Here’s a fun look for you and your favorite group of ladies. (via Costume Prize)
20. Dead Flapper: The flapper girl costume has been done to death. And so what better way to go about it than to become a ’20s bride, hungry for brains? This look is super fun and would be much more moveable than strutting around in a giant gown all night long. (via The Uptown Bride)
Do you have any other zombie-inspired ideas? Let us know on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.