Sure the saying is about sugar and spice, but we think cinnamon is one of those flavors that goes perfectly with both sugar and spice so we’re taking advantage of creative license and making up our own saying. To continue our foray into fall flavors, here are 12 recipes that make creative use of cinnamon.
3. Spiced Pumpkin Kiss Cookies: Pumpkin season is a good old time. We’ve got Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Pumpkintinis, pumpkin-flavored beers, and pumpkin Hershey Kisses. Put those kisses to even better use with these adorable pumpkin kiss cookies. (Recipe and photo Buttercream Blondie)
4. Cinnamon Walnut Cashew Butter: It’s no secret that nut butters are all the rage. In fact, we’ve been known to mix up our own walnut butter on occasion here at Brit HQ. Love this dolled up walnut butter featuring cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt. (Recipe and photo: Pickles & Honey)
6. Cinnabon Fudge: The idea of using official Cinnabon sprinkles and flavored syrup to infuse your fudge with Cinnabon-y goodness is genius, and this recipe also calls for marshmallow fluff. (Recipe and photo: Shugary Sweets)
7. Luscious Blueberry Cinnamon Smoothie: Cinnamon is the perfect way to add a bit of spice to your morning smoothie. Might have to try our PB+J smoothie with a cinnamon twist. (Recipe and photo: Black Dog Food Blog)
8. Plantation Iced Tea: Iced tea, especially the kind you make at home, can definitely become monotonous. Mix things up by adding mint, lime, cinnamon, lemongrass, and pineapple to your next batch. (Recipe and photo: Aida Mollenkamp)
What are your favorite cinnamon recipes? Let us know in the comments below!