Teeny tiny minaudieres tend to be a red carpet fixture, but for real life #girlbosses they aren’t exactly realistic. Clutches that can do on-duty, off-duty and after hours offer more bang for their buck and are guaranteed to get more wear. That being said, it’s not all about function — there are some real sartorial factors to consider too, like weighing the virtues of funky donut prints vs. classic black leather. Just in case you’re having trouble pinpointing the perfect sac, here are 12 versatile styles perfect for any occasion — and all under $100.
1. W.S. Studio Multicolor Faux Fur Clutch Bag ($95): Chic enough for the front row, but practical enough for the everyday, this bright furry clutch will take you through fall and winter in style.
2. Flynn Nuts for Donuts Madison Clutch ($60): What’s better than a dozen or so delicious donuts? This sleek, sprinkle-studded bag, for one. It might not be able to hold the pint-sized confections, but it can certainly tote the cash you need to snag a few tasty treats.
3. London Edit Baby Blue Pony and Navy Leather Pouch ($76): Blue pony hair kicks classic navy leather into high gear and creates the perfect place to stash your phone, keys, luscious lip balm and travel tickets. Rock it solo or toss it into your go-to tote for easy access to all the essentials.
4. RumbaTime Chelsea Clutch ($20): Ultra bright silicone makes this textured clutch the ideal sac for a lively night out. From spills to crazy weather and crowds, this bad boy is unstoppable (and easy to clean to boot).
5. Clare V. Flat Clutch ($95): Do double denim in a totally unexpected way with a bleach-specked pouch in the classic fabric. Large enough to hold your iPad or Kindle and them some, it makes for the ideal in-flight companion.
6. Madewell Leather Fringe Pouch Clutch ($60): Sure there’s the soft leather and funky fringe to consider, but what really makes this streamlined clutch stand out is its interior. Lined with card slots and a snap-close compartment, it’ll keep all your swag in check.
7. Baggu Large Stash Clutch ($68): Office staple by day and chic accessory by night, this roomy leather clutch does it all. Planning a weekend getaway? Use it to stash your cosmetics during transit, then style it as a luxe clutch later on in the evening.
8. Kindah Khalidy Infinite Candies Zipper Clutch ($56): Let this candy-colored clutch take you on a trip down memory lane. Pair it with a palette of dark hues to really make it pop.
9. Sondra Roberts Pebbled Leather Clutch ($59): Whether you wear it crossbody or tucked just-so under your arm, this textured ivory number knocks it out of the park.
10. Milk It Suede Clutch in Patchwork ($63): If you love the whole free-wheelin’ ’70s thing, this patchwork clutch is calling your name. Pair it up with a cable-knit sweater dress and leather leggings or a flowy frock in a folksy print.
11. Charles & Keith Metallic Clasp Clutch ($67): This structured bag does double duty, acting as both a statement clutch and a super sleek crossbody. Add it to any outfit to inject some major modern femme vibes.
12. Herschel Supply Co. Away With Words Clutch ($35): Playful petite polka dots bring this foldover clutch to life. Take it along on a quick coffee date or a casual dinner with friends.
Do you go crossbody or clutch style on night out? Tell us in the comments!