It’s time to give dorm room decor the old “college try” — with the help of IKEA, of course. If you are looking for some inspiration, these genius IKEA hacks are perfect for making the best of a dorm room and really letting your personality shine. Whether it’s adding more storage to your work station or bringing some color to your nightstand, these DIYs can easily (and inexpensively) turn a few items from IKEA into something you’ll really love all four years.
4. Anthro Rug Hack: Dorm rooms can be seriously lacking in the floor decor department. Whether you’re dealing with grungy old carpet or cold wooden floors, you can perk up your room inexpensively by painting an IKEA rug with bright colors and patterns. (via Brit + Co)
5. Hello Wall Garden: Bring in some green with an indoor garden that requires zero maintenance. Cut out a word of your choice and then stick ivy plants from IKEA into the foam for a cheery greeting that will motivate and inspire. (via Griffanie)
6. Mini Pinboards: Keep track of your keys by mounting these cute little boards right by the door. And obviously, a friendly typographic greeting will make everyone feel welcome when they come visit. (via The Things She Makes)
7. Color Block Cabinet: Dorms aren’t exactly loaded with storage options, so having one of these little cabinets is super helpful for keeping all your stuff together. From tea to jewelry, color-coded drawers keep everything organized. (via Saltbush Avenue)
9. Floating Shelf Hack: If your dorm room already has floating shelves, spruce them up with some washi tape edging. Whether you go with metallic gold or neon polka dots, the bright edges are a great accent and are easily removable when you move out. (via A Bubbly Life)
12. Desk Organization: Keep all your desk goodies organized and neat with these IKEA drawers. With some paint and masking tape, you’ll have everyone in the dorm asking where you got your stylish accessories. (via Brit + Co)
16. Desk Hack: College is going to fill up your bookcases faster than you can say “study session.” Get ready for the stacks of textbooks by making a desk out of bookshelves to give yourself more storage to work with. (via Pretty Providence)
17. Leopard Print Chair: Don’t let a small budget cramp your style. Disguise an ugly desk chair with an IKEA slipcover and then use Sharpies or fabric paint to give that chair some personality. (via Little Green Notebook)
19. Cart Storage: We’re not making any suggestions here by telling you to buy a bar cart for your dorm room. But those three shelves of storage will definitely come in handy, whether you use it for a bedside table, as a bookshelf or to keep all your desk stuff organized. (via The Everygirl)
What IKEA hacks are you doing to get ready for school? Share your hacks in the comments below!