With winter slowly winding down, we’re gearing up for the arrival of spring the best way we know how: a slew of colorful athleisure threads that will inspire you to get moving outside! Not just restricted to lazy Sundays, stylish workout gear that you can also wear to work continues to give us all a very chic excuse to dress down, but still look good. A t-shirt and color block joggers? Yes, please. Anything that can be styled on the fly that doesn’t involve a blasé gray hoodie and matching sweats is good in our book. Whether you’re seeking a pair of colorful sneakers for an upcoming race, a vibrant anorak for April showers or some fluorescent running shorts, we’ve tracked down 27 colorful athleisure-inspired pieces that are not only a shoo-in for the presumably warmer days ahead, but will also make you *want* to rack up those miles on your Fitbit.
1. Monreal London Signature Sports Bra ($260): The secret to looking (and feeling) like Sporty Spice on any day of the week is to wear more color. While it’s a bit on the splurge-worthy side, this neon-paneled sports bra can double for a round of beach volleyball, surf lessons or even an ‘80s-themed party if you play your cards right.
2. J.Crew Belted Trench Coat With Hood ($298): Get ready to swoon hard for this timeless red trench that makes rainy days infinitely more bearable. Anything that looks just as foolproof with a form-fitting jumpsuit as a Breton-striped tee gets our vote.
3. Outdoor Voices Warmup Legging in Deep Sea ($90): For unparalleled fit and functionality, these vibrant blue leggings from Outdoor Voices will practically pay for themselves. When you need to be out the door in a flash (hello, early morning yoga retreat), these bad boys can be slipped on with ease alongside a V-neck tee and track jacket. Pssst: They even have a hidden waistband pocket.
4. New Balance 515 Sneakers ($70): A casual morning run or weekend jaunt to the farmers market has never looked so good. The harmony of gray, coral and turquoise hues found on these athletic sneaks has us dreaming of the California sun.
5. Beyond Yoga Crop Leggings ($93): Sign up for an 8am spin class just so you can sport these playful lavender lace-up leggings? Oh yeah. Not only are these leggings easy on the eyes, but they’re beyond comfortable too, with extra stretch built in.
6. Forever 21 Active Hooded Scuba Knit Jacket ($30): Fake it ‘til you make it with this super soft scuba-style jacket that’s spring break-bound. Whether you toss it over a bikini or pair it with yoga shorts, the styling possibilities are endless.
7. Kit and Ace Turn up the Volume Trouser ($268): Comfort is luxury, people! Give the spandex leggings a break by taking these free-wheelin’ silk trousers out for a spin. The retro paisley print and extra-roomy silhouette are enough to get us up and movin’.
8. American Apparel Unisex Flex Fleece Zip Hoodie ($48): This bright + cheery, borrowed-from-the-boys hoodie is a security blanket in disguise. AKA, get ready for it to be in non-stop rotation — whether you wear it with cropped flares or high-performance leggings.
9. Zara Multicolored Striped Sweater ($30): Rule #1 of rocking an athleisure look: Wear bold stripes. Repeat. We can’t explain it, but there’s something undeniably sporty about a set of hypnotizing stripes in a bold hue that takes you from an afternoon yoga sesh to a night on the town — just slip on a neoprene scuba skirt.
10. Adidas Original Scarlet Adilette Pool Slide Women’s Sandals ($30): Usher in warmer weather with these throwback Adidas pool slides that will inspire you to break out the bikini and play lifeguard for the day.
11. FRS White Short Sleeve Graphic Tee ($36): Swap out the old workout tees for something with a bit more personality and flair. And, by “something,” we mean this whimsical graphic tee that will 4ever make you a fan of working out (or at least donning cute tees).
12. Topshop Colour Block Joggers ($52): Enter the coolest joggers on the block, which won’t cramp your style one bit. Dress up the contrasting orange stripe with a white button-down and black pumps for a considerably more office-ready getup. OR play it cool with an all-white pair of sneaks, ‘cause why not?
13. Alo Electra Capri ($78): Combat unpredictable spring temps (think: chilly mornings and warmer afternoons) with a pair of these sky blue capri leggings. Not only are they ultra-flattering, but the four-way stretch means that they’ll stay in place even during HIIT workouts.
14. Kate Spade Peek-a-Boo Bra ($84): Getting in the zone — and looking super cute while doing it — is about to become a whole lot easier thanks to this cheeky red sports bra from Kate Spade. Providing you with support, comfort and style, this hero piece will accompany you during your most rigorous workouts (and maybe a weekend pool party).
15. Pony Topstar Low Sneaker ($50): Simple does it: Skip all the bells and whistles for these classic low-top sneakers that can be worn with boyfriend jeans now and pleated skorts come spring. The minimalist stripe and splash of blue will rival a pair of plain ol’ white canvas tennies any day.
16. Stella McCartney Run Adizero Leggings ($110): Ditch the black leggings once and for all by investing in this lime green pair with built-in temperature regulation. They’ll serve as the ultimate fitspiration when you need to get off the couch and moving.
17. H&M Sports Tights ($25): Too much color! Said no one ever. If you’re serious about working out, then a pair of these neon pink marbled leggings is a no-brainer.
18. Topshop Three Stripe Shorts by Adidas Original ($40): Show more than a little leg with these signature red Adidas running shorts that deserve a spot on the soccer field just as much as they do at a casual Sunday brunch. A striped jersey or polo shirt is obligatory.
19. Lacoste Women’s Sport Ultra Dry Fabric Shorts ($85): Not just restricted to the tennis courts or the track, these fluorescent yellow running shorts will take you wherever you need to go in a flash. Toss on a rad racerback top and some trusty Adidas Sambas for a versatile look that always works.
20. Forever 21 Layered Boxy V-Neck Tank ($18): When you want more coverage than an itsy-bitsy sports bra can provide — and an oversized t-shirt simply isn’t an option — this breezy lilac cami will fit the bill. Just think: It’ll be perfect for low-impact activities like walking your pooch or stretching those glutes.
21. FP Movement Get Physical Short ($48): These orange mesh shorts are a fierce alternative to the drab gray ones from your gym class days. Pair ‘em with a motivational tee for an extra fist-pumping SoulCycle sesh or a quick run around the block.
22. Kit and Ace Cutting It Close Crop Top ($108): Calling all busy girls: Your toss-on-and-go routine is about to get a whole lot simpler thanks to this wrinkle-resistant crop top in a stunning blue hue. Major bonus: The mock neck style will take you from sweating up a storm in dance class to grabbing post-workout drinks just like that.
23. Adidas by Stella McCartney Running Blossom Floral-Print Shell Hooded Jacket ($275): Rainy days don’t stand a chance when you have a bold, floral hooded jacket with this much panache on standby. For an on-point look that will keep the downpours at bay, team it with some monochromatic sneakers and next-level leggings.
24. Missguided Active Strappy Back Detail Gym Vest ($24): Add a major color punch to your workout routine with this neon orange racerback top that can be slipped on with leggings and a bomber jacket for errands after.
25. Monreal London Performance Airstream Striped Mesh Top ($210): Gorgeous spring days cannot come soon enough! This mesh top with peppy neon stripes will inspire you to hit the courts in style, with a high ponytail and mirrored sunnies in tow.
26. Kimchi Blue Clean Colorblock Backpack ($54): Lugging all of your gear around post-workout has never looked so chic. In lieu of a traditional duffle bag, this streamlined backpack with a bold pop of yellow will fit right in with your off-duty style.
27. Nike Lunar Sculpt Sneaker ($100): If these multi-colored green and orange running shoes don’t motivate you to cross the finish line in record time, then we don’t know what will. Style them with mesh paneled leggings or an LBD if you want to pull off a true athleisure look.
Which of these athleisurewear essentials will you be investing in for spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.