It looks like it may be the end of the polar vortex as we know it: the sun seems to be shining, the snow seems to be melting, perhaps signaling the beginning of the end of winter… FINALLY! So since you’ll soon be stomping in puddles instead of snow (finger’s crossed), it’s time to start your search for the perfect wet weather footwear: rain boots. These 20 galoshes, wellies, and rubber shoes are the most colorful out there, which means you can guarantee they’ll make a splash—rain or shine!
1. Ted Baker Hiss Welly Black Nude Canvas ($167): Pink panels and a rose gold logo embellishment make these riding boot wellies the prettiest pair we’ve seen.
2. Burberry Belted Check Rain Boots ($275): Since their trenches are spot on, it’s no surprise that Burberry is also ace at making a hot pair of rain boots. The bright blue matte rubber finish looks like a dream against a preppy plaid. #worththesplurge
3. Chooka Top Solid Mid Glossy Rain Boot ($50): A glossy coral sheen is tastefully tamed with a contrast buckle detail in a warm shade of brown. Rock these mid-rise wellies with a pair of skinny jeans and your fav peacoat or parka!
4. Dirty Laundry Rodwell Rain Boot ($45): Navy and green are a color match made in heaven, and oh so appropriate hues for this pair of springtime rain boots. Plus, color block trim is always a win in our eyes.
5. Trentorn Skerry Metallic Rain Boot ($65): This is the ultimate way to look luxe in a rain storm. A fleece lining ensures your toes will stay dry and cozy, too!
6. Original Short Gloss Rain Boot ($130): Hat’s off to Hunter, who absolutely NAILED the glossy cool color palette of these water-tight rubber boots. With these in your closet, how could you not wish for rain? ;)
7. Original Color Block Boots ($150): Khaki rubber wellies get a welcome pop of color with a bright orange band. The woven nylon lining and cushioned footbed add extra comfort to this classic pair of rain boots.
8. Ilse Jacobsen Rub33 Boot ($85): As we mentioned before, we’re suckers for a contrast sole, especially in this shade of royal blue. That alone is enough to make us want to add it to our cart.
9. Original Nightfall Rain Boot ($195): The faux-marble finish on this pair of Hunters is seriously stunning. It’s a way cool alternative to an all-black rain boot.
10. Tretorn Elsa Rain Boot ($70): We’re nuts about the sleek design of these wellies—the chic shape is anything but clunky, which is a total win in the rain boot department.
11. Atiri Rain Boot ($150): A cloud covered sunset? A pixelated cosmic explosion? Whatever the watercolor-inspired design is on this dark blue rain boot, it definitely caught our attention.
12. Racing Stripe Rain Boots ($150): It just takes one vibrant stripe to take a plain pair of rain boots to totally covetable levels. Wear this sporty pair with faux-leather spandex and a chambray top when you need to dash out in stormy weather.
13. BooHoo Ellie Bow Trim Welly Boot ($32): Yes, no color. But the trade off—a darling bow! How could you not be smitten with these girly wellies?
14. Maureen Rainboot ($195): And here you have it: a classic, matte yellow rain boot. Pair these bright galoshes with a proper raincoat for a retro-inspired rainy day look.
15. Women’s Premier Mid Rain Boots ($30): Whoa—what a stunning rain boot! The iridescent glow on this teal finish is to die for.
16. Barefoot Tess Portland Rain Boots ($79): No matter how gloomy the weather, this grey and mint welly is sure to make you smile. Complete with matching contrast laces, this water-proof boot is ready for the most rugged of rainy journeys.
17. DAV Moto Rubber Rain Boots ($69): A moto-style rain boot? Sign us up. A+ to rain boots fashioned to look exactly like trendy non-waterproof styles.
18. Women’s Conquest Carly Glow Boot ($130): A neon block heel turns these color block rain boots up to 10. The tie closure makes this pair flare and relaxed-fit pants friendly, so leave your skinny jeans at home.
19. Voom Rain Boot ($65): A sexy rainboot? Yeah, that just happened, and you have NastyGal to thank. We’d definitely wear this slick pair around the office all day, and to our dinner date later, too!
20. Jeffrey Campbell Forecast Boot ($65): This chelsea boot-inspired slip on is the rain-proof piece to have this season. Pick your fave style soon—they come in a classic black, navy, green, and wine red—but are selling out fast.
What pair of rain boots in this roundup do you think makes the biggest splash? What are your go-to rain boot brands? Tell us in the comments below.