It’s official: You’ve reached crazy bag lady status, with a collection of more clutches, adult backpacks and trending saddle bags than you can count. Yet here we are, encouraging you to add one (or three) more bags to your repertoire. As we like to say, a fashion girl’s gotta have her options when it comes to making an entrance, especially with all the spring RSVPs that keep rolling in. Between spring weddings, fancy galas and even festival season, you won’t have any trouble finding a playful bag that speaks to your personal style. Think: a vinyl backpack for Bonnaroo and a straw pom-pom tote for the beach. Moving forward, consider your #BOTD (bag of the day) the exclamation point to every outfit. Take it there with 16 of the season’s most OMG-worthy bags that pack a serious punch (and then some) — and all cost under $100.
1. JumpFromPaper Yellow Checked Handbag ($90): Is it a picnic basket? Is it a throwback lunchbox in disguise? For a downright quirky twist on your everyday spring bag, opt for this checked handbag that won’t go unnoticed.
2. Topshop Smart Saddle Bag ($55): Orange you ready for balmy summer afternoons spent in the city? Go ahead and add this streamlined, ‘70s-esque saddlebag to your capsule wardrobe for endless outfit possibilities. Style it with a power suit for the office, a sultry slip dress for date night or a Grecian gown for your BFF’s wedding.
3. Skinnydip Exclusive Pineapple Cross Body Bag ($49): Pass up the opportunity to parade a pineapple crossbody bag around town? Never! Run, don’t walk, to snatch up this “it bag” that will inspire you to whip up a tropical smoothie or hit up the tiki hut before you can say pining for pineapples. Red heart-shaped sunnies and an easy-breezy beach coverup are obligatory.
4. Zara Patch Cross-Body Bag ($40): Call up your girl gang: This rad black leather patchwork bag is pretty much the coolest thing since… ever. For a cool girl-approved look, don’t hesitate to slip this bad boy on with a fierce bomber jacket and boyfriend jeans. Just as the bag says, no bad vibes from here on out.
5. Eliza Gran Venice Tote ($98): Weekend getaways, spontaneous picnics in the park — the list goes on. Whether you’re the hostess with the mostess type or are the queen of playing hooky from work, this colorful straw tote with festive poms will make you want to start channeling those summatime vibes STAT. It’s roomy enough to pack a brunch (literally!) and practical enough to tote around the farmers’ market.
6. Front Row Shop New Print Clutch ($35): Where’s our Vespa? This jet-setting illustrated clutch is the epitome of French-girl chic. We imagine it being paired with a timeless trench and Breton stripes for travels abroad and a classic LBD for a black tie gala.
7. Forever 21 Faux Leather Bucket Bag ($25): A pint-sized power blue bucket bag — featuring boho tassels, no less — is exactly what the doctor ordered for days when you want to carry just the essentials. Proceed to style it with a cold-shoulder top and denim cutoffs for the ultimate weekend look.
8. Mango Metallic Cosmetic Bag ($30): When your super fly cosmetics pouch doubles as a fashion-forward holographic clutch in disguise, this is the way chic result. Taking you from getting ready for a GNO to hitting the town in style, this game-changing fuschia bag will straight-up slay from a.m. to p.m.
9. Avenue Dee Melon Fanny Pack ($34): This just in: Fanny packs are back, and better than ever. We’re so down. Not just restricted to amusement parks and the playground (babysitting duties, y’all!), this hands-free watermelon bag is just the thing for an upcoming beach-cation or outdoor concert.
10. Nila Anthony Eggs Boyfriend Crossbody Bag ($48): Over easy or scrambled? Don’t you dare think about reaching for the same old black patent clutch when you have this punny eggs-inspired crossbody bag on standby. Between happy hour functions and awkward first dates, it’s a certified conversation starter.
11. American Apparel Poly Vinyl Mini Back Pack ($54): Sleek mini backpack, where have you been all of our life? Specifically, where were you when we needed you on standby at Coachella? Thankfully, there’s still Bonnaroo (and countless other music festivals) on the horizon that will require a sunny backpack with this much look-at-me appeal.
12. Deux Lux Kelan Vegan Leather Saddlebag ($88): Minimalist enthusiasts, rejoice! Forget all the bells and whistles — this vegan leather saddlebag with a gray exterior and neon green interior is all you need to make a statement this season. Not only is it HR-approved, but it’s guaranteed to lend a little extra somethin’ somethin’ to every #OOTD.
13. H&M Jacquard-Weave Bucket Bag ($25): This jacquard-weave bucket bag calls to mind pick-up games of hacky sack on the beach. Team it with a sundress and an embroidered denim jacket (or a crochet one-piece swimsuit) for a hippie-chic look that doubles for festival season and a tropical-themed wedding.
14. Front Row Shop Polka-Dot Duffle Bag ($57): Repeat after us: This is not your everyday bucket bag. Between Mother’s Day brunch and a garden party, this leather sac with colorful grommets is anything but a snooze. Use it to tote around pretty blooms on the weekend or style it with a little white dress for an unexpected pop of color.
15. Anthropologie Lemon Crossbody Clutch ($88): A safe ivory satin clutch or black satchel is exactly that. Can you say a major snooze fest just waiting to happen? Switch it up with this straw lemon clutch that will take you from sippin’ lemonade on the veranda to conquering the dance floor at a wedding reception.
16. Skinnydip Exclusive Flamingo Cross Body Bag ($52): Get the pool party started with this pink flamingo crossbody bag that’s almost too cheeky for its own good. Embrace your inner girly girl by teaming it alongside a pink bikini and pineapple slides, or pair it with a denim button-front skirt for a loop around the ferris wheel.
Which of these quirky statement bags are you coveting? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.