Diaper bags serve a very utilitarian purpose. They hold bottles, diapers, changing pads and wipes. But to take a cue from Blake Lively, not all things maternity need to be so… matronly. Admittedly, there are some pretty swank diaper bags out there, if having the fully-compartmentalized deal is your jam. However, if you’re looking for an investment that can pull double duty as a bag for baby and mommy, then these 10 options may get you on the bandwagon for ditching the traditional baby carryall.
2. Storq Carryall ($115): Still into the idea of a traditional diaper bag but sick of totes? Get this true diaper bag that looks nothing like a diaper bag. With tons of compartments to keep each bottle, diaper and toy separated, and a water-repellent canvas exterior (plus a few more handy features), this backpack and stroller bag has a little something for every kind of mama (and papa).
3. Fjallraven Totepack No.2 ($175): Carry this bag as a tote or backpack; either way, you’ll be keeping all of baby’s things stylishly on hand. Added bonus: This tote is also a great laptop bag if you need an option that can go from daycare to work.
4. Dean Mathilde Tote ($378): Want to be glamorous, hands-free and organized? This cross-body tote adds shine and style to your going-out-with-baby game.
5. Merona Polka Dot Canvas Tote ($30): With fun polka dots, an affordable price tag and a removable cross-body strap, this super cute find from Target is an easy winner for hauling diapers, breast pumps and laptops too.
6. Cleobella Avalon Mosaic Embroidered Weekender Bag ($324): This colorful bag is a bit on the bigger side, but it’s perfect for long days on the road with baby or overnights at Grandma’s house. Stash away all of baby’s essentials, plus anything else you’ll need for the day (or days) ahead.
7. Forever 21 Metallic Geo-Patterned Tassel Tote ($20): A little sparkle and flair goes a long way when you’re sleep deprived and running late. This fun tote will be an instant pick-me-up for when it’s time to hit the road with your little one.
8. Zara Contrasting Tote Bag ($30): Sexy, sleek and ready to go from deadlines to daycare, this streamlined tote has a detachable interior bag that can hold your laptop, a changing pad and diapers, or anything else you can think of.
9. Totes Ma Goats Tote ($18): Maybe a sense of humor is what you need to get through the day. If so, throw all your baby gear in this fun, minimal and completely machine washable Etsy find.
10. Everlane Modern Snap Backpack ($68): This grown-up backpack has stash spots for just about anything. Designed for commuters with laptops, this bag is water-resistant, built to last and should prove to be a wardrobe investment beyond your little one’s diaper years.
What kind of diaper (or not-diaper) bag do you like to carry? Tweet us your picks @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.