Popsicle season is upon us, and we're readying our freezer for some frozen deliciousness. Here are 12 creative popsicles, poptails, and pops sure to inspire a bit of icy innovation.
1. Aperol Citrus Pops: We'll kick things off with a poptail! Like Campari, Aperol goes oh-so-swimmingly with citrus. Mix it up like a drink, pour into shot glasses with cookie sticks, freeze, and serve! (Recipe and photo: Bella Eats)
2. Chocolate and Salted Caramel Pudding Pops: Pretty sure we include a recipe that involves salted caramel in just about every dessert-y recipe roundup we churn out. It's just SO good. Definitely a gourmet take on the Fudgsicle. (Recipe and photo: Bakers Royale)
3. Pumpkin Pie Popsicles: Craving the flavors of Thanksgiving in the heat of a hot May night? Boom. Pumpkin Pie Popsicles. All you need is Greek yogurt, pumpkin purée, vanilla or honey, and a pinch of fine sea salt. Yum! (Recipe and photo: Family Fresh Cooking)
4. Strawberry Watermelon Yogurt Ice Pops: Nothing says warm weather like a slice of juicy watermelon. It's sweet, hydrates you, and you have an excuse to spit seeds at anyone who crosses your path. This ingenious popsicle method employs a loaf pan lined in plastic and a super sharp knife to cut popsicles after freezing. (Recipe and photo: And then I do the dishes)
5. Rainbow Paddle Pop Fudge: Color. Color. Color. We're totally cheating by including this one, but we couldn't resist. These colorful little suckers are actually solid fudge pops, and don't even step foot in the freezer. (Recipe and photo: Raspberri Cupcakes)
6. 4th of July Cocktail Cooler Popsicles: Or as we like to call them, Ombre Pops! These gradient-loving darlings combine blueberry puree, POM juice, pear juice, vodka, and triple sec and, clearly, pack a punch. (Recipe and photo: Endless Simmer)
8. Halo Halo Ice Pops: Based on the Filipino dessert halo-halo, these colorful pops incorporate a mix of evaporated milk, shaved ice, ube ice cream, sweet palm fruit, and more. (Recipe and photo: CHOW)
9. Samoa Popsicles: Samoa cookies, in popsicle form. Yes! Coconut pudding, milk, vanilla, samoas, toasted coconut, and, the kicker, Magic Shell. YUM. And, thanks to the handy Zoku Quick Pop Maker, you can take these from dream to reality in 10 minutes flat. (Recipe and photo: My Baking Addiction)
10. Mojito Popsicles: Our second poptail (that's right, popsicle + cocktail), these are insanely simple and happen to look pretty lovely too. For charming straws like the ones pictured, check out Shop Sweet Lulu. (Recipe and photo: @Down Under)
11. Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles: Cheesecake popsicles. Yes, your dreams have come true. We love the idea of sandwiching these pops between a couple graham crackers for a little extra oomph. (Recipe and photo: Brooklyn Supper)
What frozen treats are you excited to make now that the weather is warming up? Leave us a note in the comments below or find us on Twitter. And stay tuned for more popsicle madness all week long!