We know it only seemed like yesterday that you were LOL-ing over Tina + Amy’s epic Emmys gags but, people, we’re just one week away from this year’s celebration of all-thing silver screen, hosted by fellow-SNL alum Seth Meyers. And we couldn’t have asked for a better way to kick off the countdown to getting our noms in gear than honoring the leading ladies who graced the red carpet for the Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards, held this past Saturday in LA. From three OITNB faves to VIP presenters to some of the funniest gals on TV today, the entire lineup was in top form when it came to fashion, and it made us more excited than ever for the even bigger celebration next week. Scroll through these 10 gowns to get a taste of what we can expect from the Emmys red carpet (spoiler: it’s seriously glam).
1. Kate Mara: With an off-the-shoulder neckline, asymmetrical silhouette and bright pop of color, The House of Cards actress rocks three major fall trends in one red carpet-worthy gown.
2. Nikki Reed: This slinky, 70s-feeling gown looks like a dream on the actress/singer-songwriter/envy of every The Vampire Diaries fan. Our eyes go straight to the sexy stitched hem — we’re already crossing our fingers that the detail starts trending!
3. Cat Deeley: Cat’s gorg floral-print matching set is proof that we’ll be spotting crop tops on the red carpet through fall. But if you’re tummy is ready for a break from the spotlight, take note of her ultra modern and unbelievably chic hi-low hemmed skirt.
4. Laverne Cox: The OITNB star schools every starlet who’s attempted to shine in a glittery gown. Gals, take note forever.
5. Heidi Klum: Heidi cannot stop twirling in this Project Runway-made gown, but can you blame her when it’s full-on fringe?
6. Troian Bellisario: The Pretty Little Liars star wows in a frilly lace gown that takes necklines to the next level. This is your cue to start stocking up on sheer statement pieces.
7. Aisha Tyler: Aisha Tyler brings a little #girlboss feel to the red carpet with her bodycon midi that features angular metallic details. Her bold gold accessories tie the entire look together.
8. Carrie Brownstein: The Portlandia actress channels her girly side with this quirky embellished mini. Proof yet again that black doesn’t always = boring.
9. Uzo Aduba: Add this OITNB star’s dress to Best White Dress Red Carpet Looks of All Time. It’s this season’s minimalist aesthetic done to absolute perfection.
10. Natasha Lyonne: The OITNB actress shows the right way to rock menswear-inspired pieces on the red carpet, and dare we say it’s one of our favorite looks of the event. True, the white blazer is stunning, but her black gown’s curved hem, those classic black pumps, the chunky gold bangles — they’re all flawless, too.
Which of these red carpet looks is your fave? What are your predictions for Emmys fashion for next week? Tell us in the comments below.