Summer is finally here, and the temperature is rapidly climbing. Since you’ve stocked up on the essentials, like a cute new swimsuit and a fun pair of shades, we know you’re ready to take advantage of all the fun activities this season has to offer. But if you’re looking for something new to beat the heat, we’ve got all the suggestions you need for having fun, in and out of the sun. These activities are guaranteed to cool you off on even the hottest of days.
1. Go for a Hike to a Waterfall: High altitudes often bring cooler temperatures. If you live near a mountain range, grab your friends and head up for a hike. Don’t forget a picnic lunch!
2. Go Paddleboarding: Paddleboarding has become really trendy over the last few years, and for a good reason. It’s a great workout and it feels amazing to be on the water.
3. Float Down the River: Buy or rent an inner tube and float down a lazy river near you. Whether it’s you and your BFF or a big group of your closest friends, you’ll have an amazing time.
4. Go Skydiving: Feel the wind on your face as you fly through the sky. It’s definitely not for the faint of heart!
5. At-Home Spa Day: Stay cool as a cucumber and treat yo’ self to a home spa day. Make a refreshing face mask, and you’ll be ready for an afternoon of pure bliss.
6. Head to the Movie Theater: Spend the afternoon watching the summer’s hottest movie while staying nice and cool. Movie theaters tend to crank up their AC, which make them a perfect getaway on a ridiculously hot day.
7. Go Kayaking: Looking for something active to do on a sweltering day? Kayaking will work your muscles, plus you can take a dip if you need to cool off.
8. Play in the Sprinkler: Sprinklers aren’t just for kids. Throw on your swimsuit and frolic through the sprinkler with your BFFs.
9. The Library: Spend an afternoon finding your next beach read while chilling in a cool environment. Libraries are the perfect spot to escape the heat and wind down for a little while.
10. Rent a Convertible: Channel your inner Thelma and Louise and hit the road. Let the wind blow through your hair as you drive down a scenic route with a buddy.
11. Make a Refreshing (No-Bake) Treat: Instead of waiting for the ice cream truck to drive by your house, make your own frozen treat. This Oreo and ice cream combo is seriously delish.
What are your favorite ways to stay cool during the summer? Let us know in the comments!