How was your first week of 2016? Did you make time to take care of yourself? If this week felt a little crazy and not quite as organized as you’d envisioned, don’t give up on those creative resolutions just yet. This weekend is your chance to finally recover from the holiday craziness and start the year off with a really fun, satisfying DIY project. Whether you want to create a more organized work space, de-stress your day or start getting your red carpet game on with Golden Globe DIYs, here are 11 projects that will rock this weekend’s socks off.
1. DIY Oversized Photo Print: Oversized art usually means oversized prices, but this 35 x 35-inch photo cost less than $10. Head to a Staples to get an engineer print in color and get ready to make over your gallery wall in a big way. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. DIY Agate Cuff: Agate knows how to make a statement, whether you wear it with a pair of jeans or you’re dressing up your party outfit. No one will ever guess you made this with just a few items and a dab of (shhh) glue. Bring on those positive vibes. (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Crystal Knob Boxes: Store bits and baubles in these mini jewelry boxes, or use them as gift boxes that require no wrapping. Seriously, it would be like a gift inside a gift. Win-win! (via Homey Oh My!)
4. DIY Truffle Bingo: Get your truffle game on while also paying attention to the upcoming Golden Globes. Or just use the blank bingo cards to make your very own game if you’re not into the whole red carpet deal. Chocolate is the reason for the game here. (via Sugar and Cloth)
5. DIY Beauty Dock: A lot of bathrooms — and even bedrooms — are severely lacking in the lighting department. DIY a mini, portable vanity that you can set up right next to the window and get ready to really nail that midday makeup reset. (via The Merrythought)
6. DIY No Sew iPad Case: Now that you’ve got all your New Year’s apps downloaded and your tech is super organized, keep it scratch-free with a cozy new home. All you need is sewing glue to whip this easy case together. (via Highwalls)
7. DIY Geometric Candle Holder: We’d like to take a moment to thank Pantone for bringing pink back into home decor and making it totally acceptable for all home accessories. With the right paint job, these geo pieces totally look like chunks of rose quartz. (via Enthralling Gumption)
8. DIY Roasted Chickpeas: Everyone will be jealous of your healthy-eating snacks when you pull out a bag of these delicious chickpeas. Mix up the flavor options and go for a spicy chili, or satisfy your sweet tooth with the honey-cinnamon flavor. (via Brit + Co)
9. Free Printable Watercolor Calendar: Almost everyone this year made a resolution to be more mindful and positive. Chase those happy New Year feelings with these pretty watercolor calendar pages and give your office extra peaceful vibes. (via Something Peach)
10. DIY Hand Warmers: They say “cold hands, warm heart,” but usually cold hands just mean a miserable walk to work. If you find yourself buying cups of coffee just to hold something warm, sew these mini rice hand warmers and tuck them in your pocket for much happier hands. (via Brit + Co)
11. DIY Scrapbook Journal: If you made a resolution to print more photos this year, you’re going to need a pretty place to put them. Bring back the joy of flipping through a photo book with these DIY scrapbooks covered in cool fabric patterns. (via Damask Love)
We’d love to see what you’re making this weekend! Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!