As those of us with naturally curly hair know all too well, styling what our mamas gave us can pose a bit of a challenge. Curly hair can fall flat if you use too much product, or become desert dry if you use the wrong shampoo. We’ve all spent mornings in front of the mirror trying to figure out how to get Beyoncé’s waves, but maybe it’s time to forget all the fuss and embrace our gorgeous natural texture. Just because you have a curly mane doesn’t mean you can only rock one style — there are plenty of ‘dos out there that require hardly any time at all. Whether you have tight curls or loose wavy coils, these 11 easy-breezy curly hair hacks will win you over.
1. Baby Braids: Need a new everyday summer ‘do? Braid your bangs to the side and pull out a few loose strands for some major girl-next-door vibes.
2. Pump It Up: Play up your natural ringlets by giving your strands some extra volume. Use dry shampoo at the roots and add a bold lip to spice up happy hour.
3. Layered Curls: Let your curly hair do its thing with this strategically layered modern ringlet style. Whether you’re heading to the boardroom or going to the movies, this chic ‘do will add some edge to your day-to-night ensemble.
4. Single Braid Pony: Sass up your curly pony with a single plait (bonus points for rocking a Rainbow Bright hue). Tease your strands liberally to achieve her killer texture.
5. Rocker Bob: Take your curls to the next level with this shaggy ‘do. Embrace your inner punk rocker with blunt baby bangs and a sunset-orange dye job for festival season and beyond.
6. Top Knot: Upgrade your typical half-up hairstyle with a sky-high top knot. Let your natural curls cascade down your back to put a romantic spin on the look.
7. Double Tail: Why play it safe when you can strut two ponies in one? With a little bit of sea salt spray and a DDG bathing suit, this ‘do will be perfect for your next beach day.
8. Curly Buns: This style is great for those days when your hair is just not cooperating. Pull it up into double buns for a one-and-done ‘do that doesn’t compromise on style.
9. Braided Knots: Need another reason to embrace the ’90s trend? Twist your hair into mini buns and add a braided choker for good measure.
10. Half-Up Poof: Beat the summer heat with this fuss-free style. Opt for a bare lip and a smokey eye for a stellar look you’ll wear all season long.
11. Messy Waves: Whether she woke up like this or not, this model’s winged-out bangs and messy-pretty curls are looking chic AF. Keep your makeup minimal to keep the look this effortless.
What’s your go-to curly hairstyle? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.