If you’re anything like us, you routinely find yourself spending hours on end Googling the latest beauty secrets from your fave beauty bloggers. You’re most likely already familiar with the spoon cat-eye hack or Kylie Jenner’s mascara trick, but we bet there’s one eyeliner trend you may not recognize. The #spooncutcrease look has been rising to the top on Instagram, and it’s a surprisingly easy way to make your eyes appear bigger and more defined. All you need is a plastic spoon to use as a template to trace your lids with shadow or eyeliner, and voila! You have a perfectly creased line. Excited to try this trick at home? Get inspired by these Instababes, and see how they cut-crease their lids below.
1. Editorial Crease: While this model is channelling girly vibes in a babydoll dress and cotton-candy fur jacket, her beauty look tells another story. Contrast a decidedly sweet ensemble with statement lids and a vampy lip.
2. Classic Crease: Wear this dramatic beauty look with an equally glam velvet dress and voluminous curls. Complement the linear effect on your lids with a strong brow and look-at-me falsies.
3. Colorblock Crease: Take your shadow game up a notch with a cut crease in two distinct hues. Analese’s look is perfect for a warm-weather date night — just throw on a deep-V summer jumpsuit and you’re good to go.
4. Neon Streak: Introducing the music festival beauty look you never knew you needed. Accent this fun take on the cut crease technique with playful stickers and woke-up-like-this locks.
5. Pink Shimmer: Take a note from this beauty blogger and line your eyes with a hint of brown shadow to create depth and dimension. Complete the look with rose-gold earrings and a bubble-gum pout, then head out to brunch with the girls.
6. Doubly Bold: Let your eyes do all the talking with this double-rainbow crease. Pair with your go-to LBD to keep the focus on your lids.
7. Alien Invasion: Linda is NOT shy about using bright, unexpected colors in her beauty look. Copy her look and give off majorly futuristic vibes at an avant-garde gallery opening.
8. Touch of Romance: Shirley is ready to Netflix and chill in a toned-down version of the cut-crease trend. Transform the look for a night out by subbing in a darker shadow and adding some fab statement earrings.
9. Barbie-Pink Crease: Kimberly proves you can rock a single color from head to toe without it feeling overwhelming. This Barbie-approved look is perfect for your bestie’s bachelorette party.
Will you try this beauty hack? Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo.