If there is one thing you’ve come to learn here on Brit + Co., it’s that every inanimate object holds infinite DIY possibility. Such is the case with silverware. From antique, mismatched knives to plastic spoons, there’s no shortage of crafty potential. Here are some of our favorite dinnertime-gone-decor ideas that will have you thinking of utensils like you never have before.
1. Ombre Dip Dyed Silverware: Have lots of mismatched, cheap silverware? Give them a cohesive, chic makeover with a little ombred Plasti Dip. (via A Simple Kind of Life)
2. Woodburned Spoons: Fire up the wood burner! If you don’t have one, add it to your arsenal of crafts immediately and let the making begin. (via Honestly Yum)
3. Place Card Holders: Not only are these a functional way to let guests know where to sit, they’re a personal touch to your dinner party or big event, plus adorable party favors. (via The Sweet Escape)
4. Fork Bracelet: A little funky, DIY modern jewelry will have everyone asking where you picked it up from. (via The Art of Simple)
5. Stamped Spoon Handles: Stamped anything gives a personalized, vintage touch. It’s easier to do than you think. And this is a good way to keep track of what goes where. (via Thistlewood Farms)
6. DIY Vintage Silverware: We’ve declared our love for mercury everything, and this technique on your old silverware will make your future guests think they’re dining with a queen. Which, they basically are… (via Elizabeth Anne Designs)
7. Mirror: It’s funky, modern art made easy. (via Flamingo Toes)
8. Lampshade: Um, cute! The coolest lampshade DIY we’ve ever seen. (via Now That’s Pretty)
9. Silverware Artwork: Vamp up your kitchen decor with things you already have lying around. A coat of spray paint and voila! (via Spunky Junky)
10. Spoon Lamp: Whoa. Who knew plastic silverware could look so expensive? (via DIY Masters)
11. Chrysanthemum Mirror: Buy a cheap mirror and make it over with plastic silverware! (via Addicted 2 Decorating)
12. Plastic Spoon Laurel Wreath: Paint your wall the color (or, let’s be real, colors) of the seasons and love the minimal chic look of this DIY decoration. (via The Nester)
13. Utensil Hooks: Ditch those cheap, plastic wall hooks for something your stuff will look forward to hanging out on. (via Real Simple)
Do we have you thinking outside of the place setting yet? Tell us what DIY you’re dying to try!