Date nights are a good time — well, unless your date pops up on @TinderNightmares. And first dates always have us a-flutter. Whether you’re planning the perfect picnic or you swiped right for a casual cocktail, we’re here to help take getting dressed out of the equation, so you can focus on what’s most important — the conversation and connection!
1. Forever 21 Triangle Print Dress ($15): We like this a-latte for a coffee house date. It’s casual yet eye-catching without being too overdone. Pair with cute sandals and a cross-body bag, and get ready to vibe to some coffee house grooves.
2. Stem Racerback Midi Dress ($58): Sometimes, simpler is better. Go for simple, clean lines like this racerback midi dress. You can accessorize it with a scarf or necklace, a block-heeled sandal and your killer personality, of course.
3. ASOS Knitted Dress ($63): This knit number is just covered enough for the blast of the AC, yet still shows off some curve. Go super sporty with a pair of kicks, or try something more unexpected, like a wedge or pointy-toed heel for a little sartorial surprise.
4. & Other Stories Short Sleeved Shirt Dress ($100): Your date will find it hard to keep their eyes off you, even after the lights go down, in this shirt dress. Poppy red is a head turner and flattering for those with blue-ish or yellow-ish skin undertones. Put a funky belt around the waist for a little more charm.
5. ASOS Curve ’70s Bell Sleeve Dress ($45): Ward off any chills with this long-sleeved number. Dress it up with heels and a clutch, or take it casual with sandals and a simple necklace.
FLEA MARKET DATE
6. Ruche Distant Travels Tunic Dress ($53): You’re an adventurous laid-back kind of gal, so why not show it off in this breezy little globally inspired tunic dress. Accessorize it with your best vintage or second-hand pieces.
7. Topshop Palm Leaf Slip Dress ($60): This funky mid-century print will help get you in the mood to scour through market stalls on the hunt for the perfect home accessory. For chillier temps, try adding a white or light wash denim jacket with neutral booties.
8. Mamie Ruth Carnival Dress ($104): Something about this dress makes us want to twirl through an open-air market. Throw on a pair of sandals or even your favorite slip ons or sneakers and get ready to walk — and twirl — your way through secret treasures.
9. & Other Stories Mediterranean Print Dress ($60): The breeze is blowing, the birds are chirping and you are looking extremely stylish yet casual in this tank dress.
10. Joe Fresh Floral Shift Dress ($29): The print says “I’m sweet,” but the silhouette says “I’m a modern girl.” Add a little edge to this outfit with a fringed bag and cool mules.
11. Alice + Olivia Fierra Dress ($198): Mellow yellow this is not. Turn heads in this cami dress that plays off one of the hottest colors of spring. Whether you go with a neutral heel or a colorful one, your date will be wowed by your gutsy fashion choices.
12. Enzo Costa Double Tank Dress ($215): Sporty Spice, here! And that’s a good thing. You’ve got curves and have worked hard for them, so why not show them off in this tank dress?
13. Motel Rocks Catalina Dress ($65): The loveliest trend to emerge from spring/summer style? The off-the-shoulder dress, done here in a retro print fit for a bohemian ’80s hybrid that totally works.
14. Ted Baker Barbee Toucan Dress ($275): This dress makes us want to dive deep into summer. Channel a tropical goddess with this fiery orange printed number.
15. Nasty Gal I’m Yours Dress ($88): An LBD for the modern girl, this scalloped mini says you’re fashion-forward, feminine, a little edgy and fun, all in one. Who knew clothes could say that much?!
16. Nasty Gal Tiger Mist Cut Out Dress ($118): You’ll get compliments for days with this bold-printed number. To ensure it’s not too tight, make sure to do a sit-test. If you can’t breathe when you sit down, go one size larger.
What’s your go-to date night dress? Tell us in the comments!