Lumbar pillows are already well-known for their back support, but lately they’ve proved they go beyond self-care, and rooms far and wide are way more stylish for it. The beauty of this pillow trend is its ability to make a big impact using very little space, thanks to its horizontal shape. Whatever your decor preference might be, there’s a lumbar pillow just for you: Minimalists love the added personality without the clutter, while those who opt for desert-chic decor go nuts over the pretty patterns. Even the uber-organized maven can bring a more cohesive vibe to their space with it. Scroll on for lumbar pillows to help bring cozy decor to your own home.
1. Local Lejos Catarina Lumbar Pillow ($150): Minimalism lovers, meet your new secret weapon. Adding a lumbar pillow to the bed will instantly give it personality without cluttering your space.
2. Black + White: If you prefer to keep your color to a minimum, mix bold patterns in similar palettes to help you bring your look to the next level. Throw some organic materials into the mix and your look will be all kinds of enviable.
3. Indigo Tie-Dye Goodness: A little tie-dye goes a long way. Match your pillow to your window shades for an effortlessly cohesive look.
4. Southwestern Charm: While pretty much any look can benefit from some lumbar lovin’, a Southwestern aesthetic practically begs for it. Pair a pattern with terracotta pottery for flawless, desert-chic style.
5. Velvet Orange: Opt for a solid color if patterns aren’t your thing. Adding a velvet pillow to your bed in a bold color is a super easy style (and texture) upgrade. (via Apartment Therapy)
6. Color Pop: If you’re more of a color fiend, go bold with your pillow and furniture pairings. Find one to match your dominant shade for a deliberate, cohesive design.
7. Soft + Pretty: Love a feminine look? Consider a patterned pillow contrasted with a pastel backdrop for a high-style vibe. (via Style Me Pretty)
9. Sophisticated Style: One thing that makes lumbar pillows such effective decor is that they add a ton of personality without taking up a lot of space. Rather than pile on couch pillows only to find them on the floor later, think about adding a single lumbar pillow instead. (via My Domaine)
10. The Citizenry Suelo Lumbar Pillow ($195): What a difference a pillow can make to work the same magic on your bed. Add personality to a minimalist vibe with a pretty patterned pillow and a sheepskin for a nod to Scandi decor.
Want more ways to add trendy updates to your home this season? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.