You’ve been so dedicated to Whole 30 dinner recipes that by the time your cheat day rolls around you’re ready for a BIG ol’ slice of pizza (or three). Grilled pizza was your favorite indulgence for summer, but now that we’re putting the bikinis away, deep dish pies are going to be the go-to for cheat day. If you really feel like making that naughty meal worth your while, whip up a dessert pizza to munch on afterward… you *won’t* be sorry. For now, just make sure you have a snack handy, because you’re about to gawk at 18 of the thickest and cheesiest deep dish pizzas we could find.
1. Vegan Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza: You may think a vegan pizza would be lacking in the flavor department. WRONG. Bonus: This recipe even comes complete with a method for making your own vegan mozzarella. (via Carrots and Flowers)
2. Skillet Deep Dish Pizza: Folding pats of butter into the dough is the secret to this light and flaky crust. Follow up with layers of cheese, sauce, peppers and sausage before baking, then get ready to slip into a food coma. (via Macheesmo)
3. Crockpot Deep Dish Cheese Pizza With Cauliflower Crust: Just when you think you’ve exhausted all of your slow cooker options, out comes the cauliflower pizza. If you’ve been wanting to try a low-carb cauliflower crust, test it out in the crockpot first for a fool-proof execution. (via Slow Cooker Gourmet)
4. Cheat’s Deep Dish Pizza: Buying store-bought pizza dough is a great way to save time when you’re in a pinch. Roll it out, toss it in a cake pan and load it up with all of your favorite toppings. You’ll have dinner ready before anyone even thinks to call for delivery. (via Simply Delicious)
5. Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza: Chicago deep dish is often topped with pizza sauce instead of being spread as a base. This recipe does just that, with a thick layer of cheese and buttery crust beneath it. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
7. Easy Cast Iron Deep Dish Pizza: If you had an authentic Italian grandmother, she might have made you a pie similar to this deep dish pizza. It’s filled with a slow simmered sauce made from ripe tomatoes and topped with fresh mozzarella. Delizioso! (via A Drunken Duck)
8. Deep Dish Pizza: Unless you’re actually in Chicago, you’re probably better off making this pizza at home. Pro tip: Experiment with different crust preparations, cooking vessels and toppings, and you may turn into a pizza connoisseur. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
9. Deep Dish Three Meat Pizza: Meat lovers, meet your new favorite pizza. Once you realize that you can make this at home with very little effort, it will change the way you do pizza night *forever.* (via Countryside Cravings)
10. Eggplant Parmesan Caprese Skillet Pizza: Having trouble deciding between eggplant parm, Caprese salad and pizza? Just make this skillet pizza and each craving will be satisfied. (via The Crumby Cupcake)
11. Slow Cooker Deep Dish Gluten Free Pizza: Who would think that a slow cooker could provide such a crispy pizza crust? It seems too good to be true, but the result speaks for itself. (via Gluten Free on a Shoestring)
12. Homemade Deep Dish Pizza With Broccoli, Spinach and Feta: If you’re feeling a little too guilty about your cheat day, throw a little broccoli and spinach on your pizza. It’ll be a welcome change from the meat-laden pies you’re used to. (via Hello Little Home)
13. Mac-N-Cheese Pizza Pie: On the other hand, if you really want to hit the carbs and cheese hard on your cheat day, go for a macaroni and cheese pizza. It’s ooey, gooey and OH-so sinful. (via Holly’s Cheat Day Eats)
14. Mini Caprese Deep Dish Pizzas: These adorable mini deep dish pizzas would make a delightful first course for a weekend dinner party. Make it interactive and let everyone top their own before popping them in the oven. (via Cafe Delites)
17. Deep Dish Spinach and Tomato Pizza: This pizza is surprisingly light, despite its deep claims. It’s packed with spinach and tomatoes, with very little cheese in comparison. That just means you can eat more, right? (via Girl Versus Dough)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delicious cheat day eats!