Have you ever felt a cosmic connection to a certain fashion brand or designer’s style? Let’s put it a different way: If you had to only wear one designer for the rest of your life, do you know who it would be? It’s a major decision that cuts across mood, season, age and occasion — nothing to be taken lightly! From the next major American fashion designers and the queen of the wrap dress, DVF, to designers credited for the best dressed at the Cannes Film Fest, we think there’s a true designer match for every sign of the zodiac. Here’s our take on which fashion house is the perfect fit for every star sign.
1. Diane von Furstenberg: Your fierce, independent spirit totally vibes with #girlboss DVF, Aries. Her clothes make you feel powerful, womanly and strong, but don’t skimp on the fun, which is definitely how you like to live your own life. Whether you’re rocking her playful printed sundresses in the summer or cool faux-fur pom-beanies come winter, you’ll always feel like yourself in DVF. (Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
2. Chanel: Taurus, there’s no other sign in the zodiac who loves luxury more than you do, which is why Karl Lagerfeld is totally your spirit animal. Chanel’s refined, sophisticated palette speaks to your innate great taste, and the timelessness of the pieces satisfy your security-seeking side. Chanel is both beautiful and reliable and so are you, Taurus. Indulge! (Photo via Elisabetta Villa/Getty)
3. Isabel Marant: You demand versatility and adaptability in all areas of your life, Gemini, and your wardrobe isn’t any different. That’s why Isabel Marant’s elevated boho aesthetic is so perfect for you. With some slight styling changes — switching sandals for heels and gold and metallic for white and floaty — you can totally transform your look with her variety of pieces. Plus, her separates are easy-to-wear and feel special, so you can throw any of them on and KNOW you look good. (Photo via Thierry Chesnot/Stringer)
4. Oscar de la Renta: Oh, sensitive Cancer, you deserve a fashion designer who understands and nurtures your sweet side. Oscar de la Renta is the exact balance of feminine and fierce, delicate and powerful. Oscar’s pieces are full of emotion and we know you like to wear your heart on your (ruffled) sleeve. (Photo via Slaven Vlasic/Getty)
5. Prada: As one of the most artistic and open signs of the zodiac, Leo, you’re always on the hunt for clothes that’ll help convey your creativity to the world. Prada does print, layering and texture better than anyone, which offers you all the options you need to fulfill your expansive and enthusiastic mood every time you get dressed. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
6. Alexander Wang: As a perfectionist with a meticulous streak a mile long, Virgo, you’re all about Alexander Wang’s minimalist, modern aesthetic. As a practical cat, you love the idea of a capsule wardrobe, and there’s no better clothes to fill your curated closet than with the geometric, neutral separates from Alexander Wang. (Photo via Ben Gabbe/Getty)
7. Zac Posen: Zac Posen is an It-Girl magnet. He’s got that easy-going charm that attracts all the coolest smart girls like you, Libra! His clothes are bright, cheerful and special. For a sociable romantic, it’s a match made in the astrological heavens. (Photo via Mike Coppola/Getty)
8. Versace: Sexy Scorpio, who better to indulge your sensual side than Versace? You’ll totally play up your passionate streak in Versace’s form-fitting minidresses and metallic separates. Whether you’re headed to Las Vegas for a girls’ weekend or to a corner bistro for date night, Versace has something to excite you. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
9. Vivienne Westwood: You’ve got a wicked sense of humor, Sag, and your clothes should reflect that. We think the cheeky Brit legend Vivienne Westwood is a perfect fit for your wit. There’s a youthful vigor (plaid and safety pins for days!) that’s pervasive throughout her collections, which we know you can totally relate to. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
10. Michael Kors: Classic, chic and totally cool — that’s you… and Michael Kors, Cap. You make no bones about going after your own version of the American Dream with fierce determination, and Kors’ classic American style will help get you where you want to go. Pencil skirts, aviators and sheath dresses are your best looks, and this fashion house delivers those in spades. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
11. Chloé: As a quintessential water sign, Aquarius, you’re often found floating through life, daydreaming. Chloé’s boho peasant blouses and swingy silk dresses indulge your romantic side for sure. Plus, you’re never one to shy away from a new trend and Chloé, more than any other modern designer, can create a new fashion craze in seconds (Paddington purses, anyone?). (Photo via Jeff Spicer/Getty)
12. Valentino: Pisces, you’ve got the unique blend of being both distant and alluring on lock, and we love you for it. You know who else totally gets your sensitive, free-spirited side, sartorially speaking? Valentino. They’re known for their feminine, romantic dresses that are often long-sleeved and high-necked, but still somehow wickedly sensual. There’s an art to leaving a little mystery, and both you and Valentino know how to play it, Pisces. (Photo via Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty)
Do you own any pieces from your designer star soulmate? Tweet us @BritandCo and tell us what you have!
(Featured image via Mike Coppola/Getty)