We all know how delish salsa is for dippin’. Whether you’re looking for a movie night snack or some nosh to accompany your Fresca cocktails on the patio, a heaping bowl of this good stuff has become a trusty go-to. But the celebrated dip is capable of oh-so-much more. The next time you’re trying to come up with ways to liven up your dinner, think salsa! These 14 easy and tasty recipes show you how it’s done.
1. Paleo Baked Salmon With Avocado Salsa: This gorgeous fillet looks like a fancy feast, but it only takes 30 minutes from start to finish. Rubbed with a sweet and fiery blend of spices, flaky salmon is topped with a refreshing avocado salsa that will have you begging for seconds. (via Joyful Healthy Eats)
2. Homemade Gourmet Hot Dog With Bacon and Salsa: Ketchup is so yesterday. This recipe tops its dogs with a simple tomato and parsley salsa instead, and the addition of bacon is obviously welcomed. Because bacon. (via Happy Foods)
3. Zesty Shrimp Tacos With Pineapple Salsa: Nothing beats a good shrimp taco, and these bad boys are no exception. Topped with a sweet and spicy pineapple salsa, they guarantee an explosion of flavor with every delicious bite. (via Amy Sheree)
4. Salsa Chicken: Not only is this dish one of those sought-after 30-minute meals, but you only need to dirty one pan to make it. Yeah! Tender chicken breasts are nestled into a bed of black beans and corn, then covered with a freshly made salsa for a healthy weeknight dinner. (via Dinner at the Zoo)
5. Fajita Gnocchi Skillet With Avocado Salsa: Gnocchi doesn’t always have to be tossed with Italian flavors, y’all. This recipe proves that a Mexican flare with creamy avocado salsa is just as delicious. (via She Likes Food)
6. Skinny Taco Salad: This salad brings everything you love about tacos to a healthy low-carb bowl of goodness. Get your fill with ground turkey, avocado, black beans, and an easy Greek yogurt salsa dressing. (via Well Plated by Erin)
7. Salsa-Stuffed Sheet Pan Chicken: If you’re tired of the same ol’ chicken recipes, this one ought to liven up your dinner spirits. Marinated in a zesty blend of jalapeños, cilantro, and tangy limes, these chicken breasts are stuffed with a yummy salsa and smothered with melty, cheesy perfection. (via Hungry Hobby)
8. Baked Fish With Dill Cherry Salsa and Lemon Cauliflower Rice: It’s not often we see a salsa that incorporates cherries, but we’re diggin’ it. Slathered over your fave fish, this innovative salsa will impress the whole fam. (via Two Purple Figs)
9. Chicken Chilaquiles: Chips are great for dippin’, but why dip when you can just smother all that’s good over them and have at it. This recipe has you digging into a delicious mess of tortillas, shredded chicken, cheese, and salsa verde. (via Kiwi and Carrot)
10. Pan-Seared Salmon With Pineapple Salsa: Al fresco dining is bliss, and this salsa-covered salmon is just the meal for it. It’s healthy, refreshing, and perfect for weeknight meals or entertaining. (via Foodness Gracious)
11. Mexican Chicken Skewers With Rice and Picante Salsa: Summertime dinners just *scream* for delectable skewers. These gems bring tender chicken, peppers, and onions to your plate with fluffy rice and a picante salsa that is drool-worthy. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
12. Fish Taco Bowls With Mango Salsa and Avocado Cream Sauce: Everyone loves a hearty bowl, and if it’s made in less than 30, even better. Inspired by fish tacos, this serving of white fish, rice, veggies, and mango salsa will have you all fired up in the best way. (via Platings and Pairings)
13. Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Poached Eggs and Bell Pepper Salsa: Sweet potatoes are worth so much more than the usual dose of brown sugar they get. This recipe caps it off with a silky poached egg and a glorious red pepper salsa for a healthy meal that tastes like a treat. (via Eat Spin Run Repeat)
14. Thai Fish Cakes With Mango Avocado Salsa: These fish cakes > every other kind of cake. Seriously. Salmon is cooked in coconut milk and Thai spices, formed into patties, and garnished with a fruity salsa that is DYNAMITE. (via The Endless Meal)
Follow us on Pinterest for more summer-inspired dinner recipes!