It may not feel like it, but today officially marks the first day of spring. Flowers, pastels, sunshine, all that jazz. You can just go ahead and ignore that snow outside your window. Regardless of how the weather is behaving, it’s always fun to welcome the start of a new season – especially one that’s as pretty as this. So after you’ve mustered up the energy to do that extensive house clean, relax and make these fun DIYs to help mark the start of the seasonal shift.
4. Kimmy Schmidt Tote Bag: Oh Kimmy, how we love you so. It’s hard to pick our favorite moment from the new Netflix series, but this line definitely had us literally lol-ing. (via Adventures in Fashion)
5. Leather Sandal Hacks: It may not be today, but we promise that someday soon you’ll be able to put away those winter boots. If last season’s sandals are looking like they’re in need of a little revamp, try one of these fun leather hacks to add an extra spring in your step (pun most definitely intended). (via Brit + Co)
6. Eggshell Place Cards: After you’ve done your share of egg dyeing, keep one carton plain, empty out the inside and replace it with microgreens to create these mini eggshell planters. This tutorial uses them as spring-ready place cards, but it would also work just as well as a centerpiece. (via The Merrythought)
8. Washi Tape Furniture: After you’ve finished all that spring cleaning, your old furniture may look like it’s in need of some refreshing. Don’t pull out the paint just yet. Instead, head to the craft store and pick up a few rolls of washi tape and cover anything from a bookshelf to a dresser in the sticky (and easily removable) stuff. (via Brit + Co)
10. Wooden Bead Garland: To add a minimal yet vibrant pop of spring to your home, make a garland using wooden beads and string. Make it a subtle ombre like this version or turn it into a multi-colored pastel party! (via Cakies)
What are your DIY plans for this weekend? Share with us in the comments below.