Hello, 2016! For most of us, this weekend will be spent trying to figure out what to DIY with leftover confetti and getting amped up about our goals and new things to learn in the new year. And maybe recovering a bit from the NYE parties. If you’re setting a goal to do more creative projects in 2016 or you need a new notebook for sticking to your resolutions, take advantage of the the first few days of January to DIY something awesome and start the new year off with a bang. Here are 11 DIY projects to jump start 2016.
1. Spicy Chickpea Lentil Soup: Start off the new year with some seriously healthy (and delicious) eating. You’ll feel super smug for making something besides holiday leftovers for dinner, and your body will love you for giving it something other than holiday treats. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Wooden Desk Caddy: Whether you’re headed back to school or work, or you’re just tackling a new organization resolution, your desk could use a pretty little storage accessory. And now maybe you’ll finally stop losing your phone under a pile of paperwork. (via Dream Green DIY)
3. DIY Disco Ball Terrarium: Now that the ball has dropped, you’ve probably got a lot of disco ball and confetti paraphernalia sitting around. Don’t toss it out just yet. DIY a glitzy, sparkly terrarium that is totally acceptable until spring. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Pamper Kit: Hooray! You made it through the holidays and now it’s time to treat yourself to some pampering. DIY a few jars of sugar scrub and body butter, and gift a basket to your mom and BFF while you’re at it. Presents are appropriate for any time of the year. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Confetti Clutch: Before you vacuum up all those piles of NYE confetti on your floor, save a few handfuls to make this sparkly clutch. A dash of glitter is just what every outfit from now until spring needs. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Rose Gold Leather Mouse Pad: If you have a glass or rustic wood desk, a snazzy new mouse pad can really dress it up. Rose gold leather is just the stunner your workspace has been searching for. (via Earnest Home Co.)
8. DIY Monogrammed Ring Cones: All you need is a little clay, paint and clear glaze to get a faux ceramic look. If you’re feeling extra crafty, personalize them with rubber letter stamps to spell out your name or a clever little motto. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Gold Brushed Clipboards: Give those plain old office supplies a gorgeous makeover with some colorful paints and our old friend gold foil. These pretty boards would be the perfect piece to use for a DIY real-life Pinterest board. (via Lovely Indeed)
10. DIY Notebook: Last month we were totally inspired by Shonda Rhimes’ book about saying “yes” and being the hero of your own story. Whip up a couple of these easy notebooks to keep track of your resolutions, life goals or occasional to-do lists. (via Brit + Co)
We’d love to see your very first DIY of 2016! Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!