First we showed you how to dye your fabrics with colors. Now, let us give you some tips on how using bleach can remove color. Whether you want to give life to old pieces or you simply can’t stand the sight of solids, we have some beautiful bleaching additions for your clothing, shoes and decor. And the best part is, you probably have an unused bottle of bleach tucked away somewhere after a disagreement with a load of dark laundry. So go grab it and spill on purpose. You’re sure to come away with a fabulous new look.
1. Bleach “Printed” T-Shirts: Give some customization to your favorite lounge-worthy t-shirts with these simple and unique tutorials. Everyone will be asking where you bought them from, especially if your stripes are perfectly spaced. (via Brit + Co)
3. Bleach Splattered Chair: This ain’t your mama’s armchair. Or perhaps it is and you want to update it a bit. Regardless, create a piece in your living room that is entirely your own by adding a little splatter of bleach. (via Country Living)
4. DIY Two-Tone and Galaxy Print Converse: Think you ruined your kicks at that last music festival? Think again. Wash off that dust and create an ombre look in one fell (bleach) swoop. (via Brit + Co)
5. Bleach Painting on Textiles DIY: Can’t find the perfect graphic tee to properly express yourself and your personality? Create your own! Use your favorite quote or fashion it after one you’ve had your eye on recently. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Upcycle Your Old Jeans Into Chic Cocktail Napkins: Have some leftover denim you don’t know what to do with? Make your own napkins with a little sewing and literally any design you could think of. Seriously, get wild. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Lace Bleached Denim: This lace tutorial doesn’t involve any application, but rather soaking some doilies and lace in the bleach and then (carefully!) placing on the denim. Be sure not to move it around so the lines stay sharp. Then show off your custom threads. (via Attic Lace)
8. DIY Bleach Tie-Dye Swaddle Blanket: Save yourself some dollars and make a swanky swaddling cloth for your little one with a piece of colored canvas, rubber bands and your best tie-dye technique. (via Say Yes)
10. DIY Bleach Pen Leggings: How adorable are these DIY leggings? Whether you’re making them for a special occasion or you want to wear them to dance around your house in, leggings with some accents are always more fun. (via Reese Kistel)
12. DIY Bleach Splattered Dress: There is definitely an old dress in the back of your closet you stopped wearing cause you were bored with it. Make it new again by removing half its color! (via Julie Ann Art)
15. DIY Bleach Tie Dye: How comfy and cozy does this reverse tie-dye shirt look? The trick to this tutorial is to be precise where you putting the bleach. Since its stripping the color, it is non-reversible. But we have faith in you. (via Free People)
Are there any bleaching projects you think we need to know about? Or are you already a color-stripping master? If so, show us in the comments!