You may have spent the summer enthusiastically pinning ideas to make your life more functional but the season is ending and your home is still sadly in need of a refresh. Just in time for school to go back in session, we’ve rounded up some fun — and functional — ideas to turn any cluttered area into a command center, provide a catch-all for papers that you need to keep handy or to simply cultivate your creativity. Just below, 25 perfect IRL pinboard ideas. Forget Pinterest. These pretty pinboards will make all your real-life pinning better.
2. Color Block Mood Board: Color-blocking is still seriously stylish, whether we’re talking about a tank dress or a bulletin board. All your most cherished mementos and inspiration pieces just found a beautiful place to call home. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. Travel Map Bulletin Board: We may be living in the age of Google Maps and mobile phones but even in a digital age, the most meaningful way to keep track of all your road trips might be a bit old-fashioned. Display this travel map board in your home as a proud memento of your travels and enjoy bragging rights every time a guest points out the curio. (via Lil Blue Boo)
6. DIY Geometric Memo Board: Keep everything in one place with a handy pinboard. Now you’ll have a unique, sophisticated spot to stash photos of your BFF, reminders and even jewels for tomorrow’s outfit. (via DaWanda Products with Love)
7. DIY Instant Cork Pinboards: Keep losing those keys and other baubles? A small round cork board makes the ideal nesting place for necessaries that are prone to put on a disappearing act. (via Remodelista)
9. Colorful Crafting Board: Give your crafting area a colorful, functional focal point. This version is tricked out with handy utensil holders and even a couple clipboards to hang up your latest inspiration pieces. (via Love Print Studio)
10. Metal Mesh Pinboard: Focusing on your studies/grown-up things is a cinch when your desk area is clean and free of clutter. This metal mesh pinboard lends a cool architectural feel to any space. (via Catview)
12. IKEA Placemats to Oversize Striped Framed Cork Board: Give yourself a beautiful home office that reflects your style and promotes dreaming. A striped cork board is a creative backdrop and catchall for bits of inspiration that you collect over time. This one is crafted from cork place mats and a bit of white paint. (via Infarrantly Creative)
14. Real Life Pinterest Board: Take a good look. This pinboard is made from some unexpected items: clipboards! Now you can cleverly clip every inspiring visual piece you discover to create your own real-life Pinterest boards. (via Brit + Co)
16. DIY Cloud-Shaped Message Board: We’re really into household products that have a dual purpose. These cute cloud-shaped message boards double as wall art and make the perfect hostess gift. Smiles all around, guaranteed. (via One Charming Party)
19. How to Make a DIY Pinboard: When you’re looking for a boost to your creative energy, there’s no better addition to your workspace than a pinboard. This version is so straightforward, anyone can make it. (via AO at Home)
Which of these pinboards are you dying to DIY? Share your favorites in the comments!