Sometimes the best trends to revive are the ones from our childhood. Case in point: friendship bracelets. But these colorful wristlets are not what they used to be — they’ve gotten a major upgrade since grade school! Nowadays, they’re loaded with all sorts of rad embellishments and doodads. We love stacking them up for a true arm party, and any one of these 14 modern friendship bracelets would be a fine addition to your grown-up wardrobe.
1. Kitschy Rhinestoned Woven Bracelet ($5): Falling right below the $5 mark, we’d be crazy not to scoop up this kitschy, embellished number.
2. Braided Friendship Cuff ($24): These days, it’s all about stacking. This layered cuff practically does the work for you.
3. Braided ID Bracelet ($28): Friendship bracelets don’t need to be every color of the rainbow to make an impact. This simple and understated braided bracelet would look great paired with a t-shirt and jeans.
4. Shark Tooth Bracelet ($115): Here’s a designer friendship bracelet for full-time fashionistas to splurge on. Inspired by the colors of the ocean, the bold palette creates an awesome backdrop for the silver shark tooth charm.
5. Beaded Charm Bracelet Pack ($15): We’re partial to this beaded charm bracelet pack, as it takes the hassle out of mixing and matching bracelets yourself. It comes with all the bells and whistles: tassels, beads, charms and rhinestones.
7. Friendship Bar Bracelet ($28): Well, well, well… if this isn’t the snazziest friendship bracelet that we ever did see! The gold pavé-encrusted bar is so undeniably glam. We’ll take two!
8. Peridot Crystal Woven Friendship Bracelet Set ($45): Yes, those are peridot Swarovski crystals! Just as Chan Luu suggests, wear all three together or share them with your besties. They may be too swanky for the kiddies, but they’re perfect for us grown-ups.
8. Layered Seed Bead Bracelet ($14): Thanks to the blue and turquoise seed beads, this modern day friendship bracelet is a throwback to summer days at the beach.
10. Pink Mix Bead Cuff ($45): This friendship bracelet-inspired cuff is all sorts of pretty. From the brightly colored seed beads to the suede lining, we’d be more than happy to add it to our daily stack!
11. LOVE bracelet ($36): Okay, so while this 14k gold bracelet may not match the friendship bracelets you had as a kid, those alphabet beads are EVERYTHING. We’re just loving the X-heart-O combo.
12. Neon Bullseye Wrap Bracelet ($20): Live life on the edge by sporting this neon wrap bracelet, complete with a bullseye charm. Go bold or go home.
13. Green + Pearl Friendship Bracelet ($50): Thanks to this pearl embellished friendship bracelet, you can wear your pearls and your diamonds daily.
14. Beaded Woven Bracelet ($13): There are few color combinations more stunning than coral and turquoise. In fact, we think this one takes the cake. This woven bracelet should be added to your music festival attire, STAT!
What friendship bracelets will you be accessorizing with this summer? Let us know your favorites in the comments!