Show of hands — how many of you have tons of free time? We see no hands! And you know what? We’re not surprised. As the end of the year approaches, many of us dive deep into the world of holiday parties, home decorating, baking and gift-buying, and we barely come up for air before the clock strikes midnight on January 1. For those of you who are saying, “Yep, that’s me!” but are still eager to hand out homemade gifts this year, we’ve got your back. Here’s a list of 16 DIY gifts you can make in under 30 minutes. Multiply that by 10 and you’ve got the perfect number of minutes to watch the entire new season of The Leftovers. Time is on your side!
1. Beaded Cuffs: A beaded cuff will do the trick for any of your stylish friends. They are so quick and easy, you can make them for all of your girlfriends, varying the color combos for each person. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Backpack: No girl can ever have too many bags (in our humble opinion), so add to your best friend’s collection by making this DIY backpack. We know it seems like a hard DIY, but trust us — you’ll be able to whip this up easy peasy. And in half an hour, no less. (via Brit + Co)
3. Emoji Clutch: We heart emojis so much that we think everyone should have emoji accessories. Take this emoji clutch, for example. It’s the perfect gift for your pop culture-loving friend. Make this or your favorite emoji (shrimp, anyone?) and you’ll win the award for best gift. (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. Succulent Bookends: We’ve been eyeing these bookends for our book club gals. Treat your whole crew to these adorable succulent bookends that double as pencil holders. That way they’ll always have a pen on hand to mark amazing quotes. (via I Spy DIY)
7. DIY Tea Set: Tea for two and two for tea! This adorable tea set will cause your girlfriend to squeal with joy when she sees what you’ve made for her. Don’t forget to pack some delicious tea with the pot, or even make a tea bag gift topper! (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Grid Planter: If you’ve got a pal who loves minimalist patterns, this DIY is for you. It’s quick and easy, and all you need is a white pot and some thin black tape. Set your timer and you’ll be done with this project in half an hour. (via Homey Oh My!)
9. Gold Foil Tote: Have you ever seen iron-on gold foil before? Get ready to fall in love, because it is the most amazing supply. We recommend keeping some in your art desk at all times. All you need to do to create this gorgeous tote is paint on the glue, add the gold foil, iron and peel. You’ll have time to make one for your bestie and one for yourself (phew!). (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Wall Art: This is a great DIY gift for a friend who just moved or has been talking about redoing her living room decor. She’ll be blown away by these beautiful prints and even more blown away that you started and finished them in the time it took to watch one episode of Last Week Tonight. (via Paper & Stitch)
11. Himmeli Copper Plant Holders: We are loving the copper pipe trend, so we’re happy to report that this air plant holder can be made in under 30 minutes! Gift this to your friend who is lacking a green thumb. Air plants are probably the hardest plants to kill ;) (via Brit + Co)
12. Painted Terracotta Pots: Talk about an easy DIY; these terracotta pots can be completed in no time at all. Simply grab some white paint and a brush and add some minimalist patterns to raise the flower pot bar. Fill your pot with easy-to-care-for succulents and some little rocks. (via Designlovefest)
13. Copper Book Stand: This is one of those household items that flies under the radar. But for your foodie friends, this book stand will change their world. Never again will they lose their spot in the cookbook, which could be very important when they’re making you dinner. (via I Spy DIY)
14. DIY Cocktail Tumblers and Coasters: There’s never a wrong time to stock your friends’ bars, but this time, instead of bringing over a bottle, gift your pal a set of tumblers and coasters. It’s totally customizable, and you can get everything you need in our kit. (via Brit + Co)
15. Stamped Napkins: These DIY napkins take no time at all and use supplies you probably have lying around the house. See that pattern? It was made using a fork! Give this one a go, but don’t forget to let it dry before you pack it in your gift box. (via Momtastic)
16. Snowflake Ornaments: Make a classic-slash-old-school gift this year with perler bead snowflake ornaments. All your friends who grew up in the ’80s and ’90s will just die when they see these throwbacks. (via Sweet Paul)
That’s it! What DIY gifts are you making this year? Share your projects with us using the hashtag #iamcreative.