Whatever fortune 2015 brought your way, you’re definitely gearing up to party your way into the New Year. Last year’s New Year’s decorations killed it, and they pretty much set the tone for all of your New Year’s parties to come. You don’t mind, because you’ve been browsing ideas for DIY party essentials for NYE and have already set the bar pretty high. Just make sure you don’t miss out on these 11 DIY decorations that will take your New Year’s Eve Party to the next level.
1. Cheers Banner: Take your bar up a notch with this banner that you can make in practically no time. Simply cut out cardboard letters and hot glue sequin trim on them. Then, attach your letters to a gilded string for an uber festive sign that you can use for the big day. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Confetti Sticks: These confetti sticks are simple to put together and make for the perfect NYE decoration. The best part? They totally make for chic desk decor after the big partay. (via Best Friends for Frosting)
3. Geometric Piñatas: Whip up this DIY geometric piñata for your NYE night. It’s so easy to make, and even more fun to break apart. Fill with candy, confetti or whatever you’re feelin’. (via Studio DIY)
4. Confetti Party Poppers: This DIY requires you to eat some sweets before you get your crafting on. Not a bad idea, right? Rinse out push pop containers, cover them in sparkly crafting paper and fill with confetti. (via One Good Thing)
6. Confetti Cones: Adding these confetti cones to your space is the easiest NYE DIY ever. All you do is roll paper into a cone shape, tape it at the bottom and fill with confetti. BOOM. (via Brit + Co)
8. Balloon Drop: Amp up your party with a big balloon drop. Blow up a bunch of balloons, gather them on a large sheet and tape it to your ceiling fan. At midnight, let them down and cheers to the new year. (via One Good Thing)
9. Confetti Poppers: This DIY consists of some pretty odd supplies (um… a toilet paper roll and fishing line), but they turn out totally festive and adorable. Hang them from your ceiling and let the confetti explode when the clock strikes midnight. (via Ruffled Blog)
10. Champagne Glass Tags: The clock is ticking to midnight, so remind your guests of that with these glass tags. It’s a free printable, so it takes minimal effort on your end. You’re welcome. (via Evermine)
11. DIY Pipe Cleaner Party Crowns: As far as pipe cleaner headbands go, this star-topped one is pretty darn classy. It’s the perfect hair accessory for jazzing up a posh all-black outfit.
What’s your favorite New Year’s Eve DIY? Tweet it to us @britandco!