It doesn’t matter whether you’ve got a date this Valentine’s Day or are simply planning to spend it with your gal pals eating pizza, drinking wine and watching horribly cheesy romance movies. However you chose to celebrate the day, we’re willing to bet that you’ll want to hand out presents to your favorite ladies. Instead of going out and spending a small fortune on lipsticks and beauty baskets, why not DIY? We’ve found 15 easy, pretty-in-pink projects that’ll really up your V-Day gift game this year. From body butter to lipgloss to bath bombs, these gifts are sure to make your besties look and feel fabulous. Let’s get making, shall we?
1. Rose Water Toner: Stir up a batch of this rosy, fresh-smelling toner and package it in a pretty bottle. Don’t forget to wrap it in a bit of twine or a pretty bright bow for that finishing touch. (via The Skin Care Reviews)
4. Tinted Lip Gloss Locket: You know that friend who’s always losing her lipstick and ends up with four half-used sticks floating around in her bag? This is the ultimate gift for her (and a great way to use up all those lipstick nubbins). (via Beautylish)
6. Sugar Lip Scrubs: It’s incredibly easy to make a batch of these basic scrubs using what you have lying around in your kitchen. Mix and match scents to make each gift unique to the person receiving it. (via Brit + Co)
8. Grapefruit Body Butter: This grapefruit- and almond-scented body butter is the perfect pampering gift for your bestie. She’ll love the light and smooth feel of moisture-rich shea butter, coconut oil and tangy, fresh citrus. (via The Daily Squeeze)
10. Homemade Face Scrub For Every Skin Type: Whether your gal pals slather on moisturizer or avoids it like the plague because of their skin type, we’ve got a scrub recipe for each and every one of them. All of these colorful scrubs are super easy to whip up in an afternoon. (via Brit + Co)
13. Bath and Massage Oil: Lavender, rose, lime, bergamot and ylang ylang oil create a spicy, floral bouquet-inspired oil that will relax and rejuvenate. It can be sprinkled into a warm bath or rubbed on dry, cracked skin. Either way it will definitely banish those wintertime blues. (via Design*Sponge)
14. Homemade Coconut Lip Balm: This little container is packed with moisturizing ingredients ideal for creating kissably soft lips. Plus, those rose petals add quite the romantic V-Day touch. (via My Baking Addiction)
Which of these DIYs are your favorite? Are there any beauty gifts you like to make for your friends around Valentine’s Day? Let us know below or share your creations with the #britsagram.