Since you’re already full of inspo for Valentine’s Day hairstyles and Valentine’s Day manis, it’s time to start thinking about the outfit that will make your February 14 perfect. A heart-themed collar is just the thing to upgrade an old sweater for any Valentine’s (or Galentine’s) Day plans. So grab your scissors and a white shirt, and get ready to create the ultimate flirty look. Bonus: This no-sew project will only take you 10 minutes to make!
Materials and Tools:
- Valentine’s template
- old white shirt
- round collar sweater
- iron-on transfer paper
- a piece of cotton fabric
1. Take your old shirt and cut it as shown below to create a bib.
2. Download and print our template on a sheet of transfer paper, then cut the image, leaving a 1/4-inch border.
3. Place the transfer paper, image side down, onto your bib and iron according to the producer’s instructions. Use the piece of cotton fabric to protect the transfer paper.
4. Let everything cool and slowly peel off the transfer paper.
5. Wear your bib and then your desired sweater on top.
First, take your old shirt and cut it as shown above to create a bib. Then print our design onto the correct side of the transfer paper and set “photo quality” on your printer. Cut it out, leaving a 1/4-inch border, then place it onto the collar. Next, use the piece of cotton fabric to protect the transfer paper and iron the Valentines’ illustrations (image side down) for at least one minute. Be sure to check the producer’s instructions for the best results. Now, let everything completely cool and slowly remove the paper. Wear your bib and then your desired sweater on top, and you’re done!
Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!