He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. He loves me not. For as long as we can remember, we’ve relied on our favorite blooms to tell us the fate of our romantic lives. And when The One finally comes along and puts a ring on it, we have to consider (among many, many things) what blossoms to incorporate into the big day. And not just what they’ll be, but how they’ll be presented. To take some of the guesswork out of your floral feats, we’ve compiled 16 fun and personal ways to wrap your bouquet — and we’ve got both the DIY and the buy brides covered.
1. DIY Oversized Satin Ribbon: If you’re keeping your flower arrangements simple and your bouquets small, you can still make a big statement. Wrap the stems in an oversized satin ribbon that matches your wedding colors. (via The Knot)
3. DIY Cascading Brooch: Still looking for your something old? How about your something borrowed? Go raid Nana’s jewelry box for her shiniest and brightest brooches, then wrap them around your bouquet. They’ll add a touch of vintage bling to any arrangement. (via Rachel A. Clingen)
4. Sequins: If you’re looking for a subtle sparkle, look for sequined string in a metallic neutral, tie it at the base of the blooms, and let the ends fall. Or, you could wrap ’em up completely for even more glam. You’ll have an effortlessly romantic and understated look. (via Style Me Pretty + Moments and Memories)
6. Burlap + Lace ($11): If you’re saying your I Dos in a rustic barn, then burlap is a must. To keep the look soft and elegant, add a touch of lace. Bonus points if the lace matches that of your dress, but we also love the idea of borrowing some from your mother or grandmother’s dress like in this DIY. (via A Floral)
7. Long Ribbons: If you’re the type of bride who wants to incorporate pops of color into your big day, then consider adding long strands of bright ribbon to your bouquet. If your bridesmaids are wearing dresses in different hues, opt for ribbons in each lady’s color. (via Style Me Pretty)
8. Jeweled Bouquet Holder ($18): If you’re going full-on princess for your big day, you just might need this jewel-encrusted bouquet holder. After all, it kind of resembles a royal chalice. (via Favor Warehouse)
10. Photo Charms ($13): Go extra personal with your bouquet by tying photo charms onto the stems. The photos could be of you and your soon-to-be spouse, a late relative, you and your bridesmaids — or all of the above. (via I Love Paper Kits)
12. Scrabble + Typewriter Letters: Calling all word nerds! Break out that old scrabble set or go on a hunt for loose typewriter keys. You only need four letters to spell L-O-V-E. (via Wedding Bee + Style Me Pretty)
14. Barely There Wrap: Sure, there are countless ways to wrap your bouquets, but that doesn’t mean you have to actually embrace one. Let the stems go a bit wild and keep your wrapping extra simple. (via Style Unveiled)
15. Cork Tags ($75+): Is your wedding on a vineyard? Then tie the theme (literally) into the floral arrangements with pre-made cork tags. Pro Tip: Go full on DIY and make your own — just imagine all the wine you’ll get to enjoy in the process! (via Sofia Invitations)
BONUS: Flower Arranging Made Easy ($20): By now you should be an expert on all things bouquet wraps. But what about the flowers themselves? Sign up for our 25-min class that will teach you how to pick, prep and position your next bouquet or centerpiece. (via Brit + Co)
Have you figured out your perfect bouquet yet? Share your floral secrets with us below!