Trying to choose the perfect wedding favor can be tough. But choosing a thoughtful wedding gift for your parents can be downright difficult, especially when it comes to dad. For many, he raised you, helped pay for the event and above all, he was the first man who said “I love you.” Expressing gratitude to your father with a gift requires some major thought and effort. But don’t worry — we’re here to help! Today we’re going to show you how to DIY collar stays that will make your daddy feel extra special on your wedding day.
Materials and Tools:
– collar stays
– marble contact paper
– masking tape
– spray paint
1. Take your marble contact paper and cut out a rectangle as shown below.
2. Peel one edge of the backing, then gently place the first collar stay over the sticky edge. Cut leaving 1/3-inch allowance.
3. Finish wrapping the collar stay.
4. Cover the area you don’t want to paint with masking tape.
5. Spray paint the exposed area with a colorful shade.
6. Remove the tape and repeat with the second collar stay.
7. Use your sharpie to add a quote.
First of all, take your marble contact paper and cut out a rectangle that is slightly larger than the collar stay. Then peel one edge of the backing, and gently place the first collar stay on top of the sticky edge. Cut leaving the 1/3 inch allowance. Next flip the surface over so that the contact paper is on top, and wrap it around the collar stay. Be sure to push out any air bubbles. At this point cover the area you don’t want to paint with masking tape.
Spray paint the exposed area with a colorful paint and let it dry. Then repeat to create the second collar stay. Finally, decide on the perfect phrases to put on the collar stays. We decided to add “father of the bride” and the wedding date, but something like “forever your little girl” or “best dad ever” would also work well. Practice first on a piece of paper, and then write on your collar stays. Voilà, you’re done!
We really like how simple and easy this project is. Plus collar stays are both useful and classy. Dad will approve ;)
How unique is this wedding gift? Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding inspo.