Your wedding is a special day, and we know that nailing every detail — from your wedding flowers to your wedding dessert bar and the invites — can sometimes mean turning to your trusty old DIY skills. Especially when you’re sending out invites, there are so many resources out there to help you DIY your own unique wedding invitations that you have no reason to settle for store bought if you don’t want to. Scroll on for 11 ways to add a personalized touch to your invitations!
1. Alex Politis’ Intro to Adobe Illustrator Online Class ($39): Learn to create stunning graphics in a flash, and before you know it, you’ll be cranking out wedding invitations with your very own self-made graphics on the front. Yes, please!
2. Washi Tape by Courtney Cerruti ($23): If there ever was an excuse for you to buy a book about Washi tape, DIY wedding invitations are it. Pick this book up, and you’ll be filled with some serious inspiration for invitations and beyond.
3. Brit + Co Scrapbook Kit ($39): If you want to give your DIY invitations a super duper intimate feel, grab this kit and make them feel like a page out of your scrapbook. This is about as sentimental as it gets.
4. Lauren Essl’s Calligraphy 101 Online Class and Kit ($60): Have you ever seen some gorgeous calligraphy and thought “Hey, I could do that,” or “Dang, I wish I could do that”? Well, now’s your chance! This class will teach you all the basics, and the kit will give you everything you need to get started.
5. Lauren Essl’s Calligraphy 201 Online Class and Kit ($139): If you’re not really at the beginner’s level (or you just want to bundle both classes and really go for the gold!), check out our Calligraphy 201 class — there’s still plenty to learn, but this class focuses on the next level.
6. Tattly Gold Just Love Tattoo ($6): Find a way to incorporate these lovely tattoos into the invitations themselves, or simply toss ’em in the envelope before you seal it up. Your invitees will have a trendy and pleasant surprise when they open it up.
7. Danielle Evans’ Hand Lettering Online Class and Kit ($54): If calligraphy feels a little too fancy, but you still want that personal touch, then let us introduce you to hand lettering. This class and kit combo has everything you need to change the way you write for the rest of your life — not too shabby, huh?
8. Eunice Moyle’s Letterpress Online Class ($19): Try adding a cool background pattern to your invites, or just sprinkle a cute touch on the outside of the envelope — either way, when you do it with a letterpress, you’ll get that golden graphic feel that everyone loves.
9. DIY Essentials Glitter Tape ($5): Why the heck not add some glitter tape to your wedding invitations?! If there ever has been an occasion that calls for glitter tape, the celebration of the love in your life is absolutely it.
10. Bando Sticky Notes Thumbs Up Set ($12): You can add these fun and silly stickies to the invites themselves, or simply toss them inside as a fun pre-wedding favor for your invitees. Everyone loves sticky notes, especially ones that are as witty as these.
What’s in your DIY invitation arsenal? Show us on Instagram @BritandCo!