The biggest day of the year is officially here. It’s National Donut Day, y’all! While this most sacred of days does have its perks — namely a free pass to eat this sugary-sweet confection to our heart’s content — this year, we’re exploring one of the sillier aspects of our favorite day of the year — giving our kids a wacky donut-inspired hairdo. We’re not talkin’ your run-of-the-mill donut bun. From brunette chocolate donuts to hairstyles featuring real frosting (what?!), we’ve gathered some of the cutest kids on Insta, proudly wearing their donut-day best. So whether you’re a mom, dad or enthusiastic aunt, scroll through these crazy sweet kids’ hairstyles and find the perf donut-inspired ‘do for National Donut Day, Halloween, crazy hair day and beyond!
1. Bobby Pin Bun: Turn your mini’s ballerina bun into a sweet little treat with some multi-colored pom-pom bobby pins. This super easy look is perfect for the mom looking to give her rugrat a fun donut-inspired ‘do without making too much of a mess.
2. Frosted Bun: Beware — this sugary ‘do is not for the faint of heart! This little cutie definitely knows how to steal the show with her large-and-in-charge frosted bun (is that REAL frosting?!) and a decadent donut in her hand (#twinning).
3. Plated Donut: This adorable bun looks good enough to eat! Give your tiny tot’s donut hairstyle a realistic flair by incorporating a paper plate. It’ll have people doing double-takes for sure.
4. Chocolate Donut: Blondes don’t get to have all the fun. Show off your tiny brunette’s donut love with a scrumptious-looking double chocolate donut ‘do. Donut forget the sprinkles!
5. Civilized Donut Bun: Before we get swept up in the madness that is National Donut Day, let’s not forget to teach our kids some valuable lessons in manners. Add a napkin to the side of your tyke’s plated bun to show your kiddie that ladies always eat frosted sweets with a napkin (or three) in hand.
6. Double Buns: Double the donut buns, double the fun! Take your babe’s donut ‘do to another level with not one, but two sprinkled buns.
7. Donut To-Go: Your girl’s a gal on the go, just like her mommy. Skip the sit-down plate and pin a to-go bag to her ‘do for a look that says she’s going places.
What donut-inspired looks will your kids be rocking on National Donut Day? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.