Like everyone else who watched the Oscars for the fashion, we were floored when we caught sight of Lupita Nyong’o’s duck egg blue Prada gown. Yesterday, we took you through all of her already-iconic award show looks and today, we’re predicting the future: a spring filled with duck egg blue dresses. Here are 10 to get you ahead on this inevitable trend!
1. Draped Jersey Tunic Dress ($135): First up, this tunic dress drapes beautifully, and would be a perfect go-to for all your summer weddings.
2. Rachel Pally Phillipa Dress ($238): Next, a gown that’s totally award-worthy. We love the classic Grecian silhouette and pale blue hue.
3. Pleats & Thank You Dress ($360): Mostly, we’re obsessed with the name of this dress! But for real, we love the combination of edgy black lace with such a springy pastel look.
4. Denim Daisy Dress ($43): On the more casual side, there are lots of denim and chambray options that double as duck egg blue. This flirty number would make for a sweet Easter Sunday frock.
5. Cotton Bib Dress with Button Back ($186): Another chambray option, the cut of this bib dress is timeless.
6. Sweet Country Dress ($68): Leave it to Nasty Gal to turn a totally innocent blue number into an edgy statement piece by way of black trouser socks and foxy white heels.
7. M. Patmos Grid V Dress ($495): We’re loving the pleated knit texture of this dress. It’s another one that would work for weddings, Easter brunch, and pretty much any springtime occasion.
9. Waterfall Dress ($57): Probably more MTV than Oscar, this dress features a whole bunch of chic cutouts.
10. Cap Sleeve Print Sheath Dress ($138): And finally, a classy cap sleeve to cap off this collection of blue dresses.
Which of these dresses would you wear? What was your favorite Oscars look? Talk to us in the comments below.