We are all about a makeup routine that requires very little effort. Sure, it’s fun to dabble in strobe makeup and clown contouring, but we always come back to the less-is-more look by keeping our makeup to a minimum and showcasing our natural, #flawless skin instead. Enter this makeup hack, which you only need the tip of your finger to execute. Use earth-toned eyeshadow and pat over your lids for the perfect daytime or going-out look. These 10 Instababes are showing you how to use this trick in multiple ways, so scroll below for a major dose of inspo.
1. Woke Up Like This: Alyssa is looking comfy AF with her pullover hoodie and wavy, undone hair. With a dab of brown eyeshadow and a swipe of mascara, this chica is ready to conquer the world… or her sheets. Either is fine.
2. Au Naturale: For an even more subtle take on the trend, wear a shade similar to your skin tone for a perfect weekend look. Complement it with an edgy top and a rosy pout, and you’ll easily turn heads.
3. Throwback Chic: Pulled-back tresses are the way to go when you want to show off a killer choker. Copy Andrea’s look using a tawny shade of brown on your lids and pairing with a plum-colored balm.
4. On the Catwalk: Strike a pose. Recreate this look by curling your hair with a wide-barrel iron and balancing a toned-down shadow with a thick liner.
5. Nine-to-Five Diva: The key to incorporating sultry makeup into a business-casual outfit is to keep it neutral. If you’re really feeling daring, try a vampy lip and a sheer top for major #girlboss vibes.
6. 50 Shades of Cat Eye: Hieu’s hair might look like the rainbow, but she balances her vibrant locks with an earthy shade of eyeshadow and a neatly lined cat eye. We are positively swooning over here.
7. Ultra Glam: Victoria shows that you can still make a statement rocking neutral lids. Bold lashes, a pop-of-color lippy and silvery tresses prove that more is more when it comes to sporting multiple trends at once.
8. Shimmery Eyes: Make your eye color pop by wearing a shimmery shadow in a complementary shade. Keep the rest of your makeup fresh and easy with a rose-colored shade on your lips and a lightly bronzed finish.
9. Daytime Smokey Eye: Christina is doing effortlessly feminine right with a fuss-free ‘do and flirty details. For a bold daytime look, fill in your brows and go for a neutral lip.
10. Subtle Earth Tones: This lighter shade of brown really makes Shirley’s eyes stand out. Make it more dramatic by adding black liner, false eyelashes and colorful summer duds.
How will you wear Earth-tone eyeshadow? Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo!