We’ll use any excuse to scoop up a new dress or two, and while spring itself provides the perfect opportunity to start scouring the racks for pieces that are warm-weather-ready, there’s Easter too consider too. An LBD just comes off as blah and boring in the midst of egg hunts, bouquets of bright tulips and floral prints. A more seasonally appropriate style is so in order, but not any old spring pastel dress dress will do. If you’re a firm believer in making the most of your wardrobe, then a frock that can balance both work and play is a must. These 20 swoon-worthy dresses offer up the work-life balance you’re after, while setting up your spring style for success. The best part? Now you don’t have to worry about what to wear to the spring weddings cluttering up your calendar.
1. Suncoo Waist Dress in Yellow ($183): Too much color? Never. The sunny yellow hue and flirty ruffle hem on this eye-catching shift make it a shoo-in for Easter brunch. Bring on the mimosas!
2. Vince Camuto Colorblock High/Low Hem Shift Dress ($139): Do pastels your way — sans the ruffles and girly details — with a graphic color block shift that feels like a piece of modern art. Amplify the contemporary effect with white crisscross mules and a tasseled half-moon clutch that reads runway chic.
3. H&M Chiffon Dress ($30): From painting eggs to tackling your to-do list, this breezy butterfly sleeve dress will do right by your style every time. Throw in some bright ankle strap heels and coral lipstick for the perfect fusion of sophistication and fun.
4. Topshop Modern Stripe Tee Dress ($100): Lazy girls, eat your heart out! With a bit of athleisure appeal and a whole lot of personality, this stretchy, midi stunner is just your speed. Skip the heels and style it up with fresh white sneakers or brogues and glitz-free statement earrings. Too cold to go it alone? Toss on a bomber jacket for endless casually cool vibes.
5. COS Dress With Artwork ($115): The white Easter dress isn’t just reserved for the under-10 set. A streamlined silhouetted and 3D pockets are light-years ahead of the lace-trimmed A-lines you rocked back in the day. Team it with rose gold jewelry for Easter lunch at that hot new restaurant, then go high contrast when Monday rolls around with black ankle boots and a cropped sweater.
6. Express Blue Paisley Maxi Shirt Dress ($98): Who needs chocolate bunnies and Peeps when you can have surf and sand? If you’re skipping town to celebrate seaside, this is the frock to bring along. The peek-a-boo slit was made for gladiator sandals and showing off gorgeous sunkissed gams. On the flipside, the conservative length makes it the perfect candidate for your nine-to-five. Simply swap out sandals for classy clogs and a sleek topknot.
7. Reformation Penny Dress ($198): This fabulous floral dress has Easter dinner written all over it. Play up the soft pastel hues with a lilac-colored clutch and a suede jacket that throws a folksy feel into the mix. Crown braids are highly encouraged.
8. Holding Horses Sanara Denim Dress ($148): Britney and Justin circa 2001 probably turned you off fancy denim for life, but this tonal frock is about to change all that. A decorative bib and timeless silhouette reads class act rather than cringe-worthy. Where was this dress 15 years ago?
9. ASOS City Midi Shirt Dress in Painted Stripe ($65): Packing all the polish of a classic button-down, but with way more panache, this shift dress is the ultimate work wardrobe essential. Painterly stripes in pretty pastels pair with metallic slides for a ready-to-fete feel right on time for all your Easter events. Styled with a burgundy blazer and pointed-toe loafers, #girlboss vibes rule supreme — dare we say you might be excited for the long weekend to come to an end?
10. C/meo Collective Empire State Dress ($210): The verdict is in: THIS is how you do transitional holiday dressing. The mod print fuses moody winter and fresh spring hues into one eye-catching design that translates to any season. The best part of this high-low style? All that layering potential. Wear a funnel neck top or frilly blouse underneath to send office chills and April showers packing.
11. Zara Printed Dress ($100): Even if the flowers aren’t in full bloom, your style will be when you show up for brunch and Bloody Marys with the fam in this botanical dream. Carry the garden-inspired colors through your accessories, from a pair of green lace-up flats to gold drop earrings and a punchy pink lip for a winning Easter edition #OOTD.
12. Article& In Bloom Dress ($66): What better way to celebrate the onset of spring than with a few bold florals on your side? Pair up this bell sleeve number with flatform espadrilles and an embellished choker necklace, then transition to leather trousers and studded oxfords for a sweet and sassy office-ready getup.
13. Loft Paradise Lace Dress ($98): A relaxed fit means you’ll be crazy comfortable during a post-dinner stroll (so necessary after seconds and sweets) or annual Easter scavenger hunt extravaganza (which gets oddly intense). A vibrant shade of teal delivers a youthful pop of color to balance out the ladylike feel of the floral lace. Neutralize the high-octane color with earthy neutral kicks and porcelain accessories that translate to the office too.
14. Mango Flowy Printed Dress ($80): Go boho this Easter with a classic A-line dress decked out in a funky exotic print for a standout look. During on-duty hours, rock it with pointed-toe ankle boots and a cropped jacket.
15. J.Crew Sleeveless Silk Dress ($198): Vibrant color — even a subtle sprinkling of it — is a must for springtime holidays, and this flowery silk number is everything. Tuck it under a cozy, belted cardigan for midweek or wear it solo with t-strap heels when the occasion commands it.
16. Babaton Jessie Dress ($110): Who wants to spend hours getting dressed when you can pull together a DDG look in just minutes? The answer: no one. This effortless dress makes it seem like you put in the effort, when it really took none at all. Subtle slits keep the oversized, flowy design feminine (and a little bit sexy) and will render your workweek wardrobe utterly divine. Easter elegance comes in the form of tasseled heels and side-swept waves, while a metallic belt and heeled court shoes drive the look straight into dress-code-approved territory.
17. ASOS Soft Wrap Dress in Stripe With D-Ring ($72): The bolder, the better. Reach for statement stripes to inject unexpected edge into your Easter outfit. The print can totally hold its own, so go there with the rest of your accessories. Crystal ear crawlers, flatform heels and quirky clutches are all game. Apply the same principle on the clock by matching it with a patterned blazer and a show-stopping collar necklace.
18. COS Cross-Over Drape Dress ($125): This blue beauty is a blank slate for colorful accessories galore. Fringe-flecked heels, a faux fur clutch and neon mani are fun touches that won’t go unnoticed. Did we mention there are pockets? So much to love.
19. Zara Striped Dress ($70): Hostessing duties call for a sophisticated dress that will steal the show in a totally subtle way. This banded number would look ah-mazing with open-toe booties and fiery red earrings.
20. J.Crew Short Sleeve Shift Dress ($148): Enter the quintessential shift dress — perfect for laid-back Easter picnics or taking on the day’s most important tasks. As if the timeless style wasn’t convincing enough, the dress’s intricate fabric will inspire you to do less (no need to go crazy on the extras with a print as unique as this). When it comes to layering up, this dress demands something with serious cool factor. Ditch the expected blazer and drape a leather jacket around your shoulders.
Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.