Concert season is almost here! And while you’re scouring the Internet for ideas on what to wear to a festival, let’s not forget to plan some truly inspired festival hair. This season, focus on crafting effortless-looking ‘dos for on-point, hassle-free festival style. We’re talking easy braided hairstyles and majorly messy updos galore! Embrace those tangled tresses with these 15 pretty styles that go from zero to boho in five minutes or less.
1. Single Fishtail Braid: Feeling a bit lazy this festival season? Show off your boho style with a single fishtail braid for a Coachella ‘do that says, “I’m more about the music,” while still looking flawless. (via @kirstenzellers)
2. Regal Rose Duffy Hair Extension ($22): Ready to rock some dreads? Okay, maybe that’s a tall order for a festival weekend. Enter these faux colored dreadlocks. These pieces are perfect for the ultimate hippie hairstyle, without the hassle or commitment of real dreads.
3. Wolf & Moon Flower Headpiece ($76): While every hairstyle is a work of art, let’s take a more literal approach this time. For an artsy alternative to your typical floral crown, don a more traditional piece of art with this pretty wooden headpiece.
4. Bracelet Bun: Let’s get creative this Coachella! Add some bling to your usual top knot for a fun twist on a classic lazy-girl style. (via Brit + Co)
5. Double Messy Braids: There’s nothing wrong with keeping things simple. Add two messy braids to your mane, and top ’em off with a Panama hat for a little break from the sun. (via @kirstenzellers)
6. UO Metallic Hair Tattoo Set ($10): Hair tattoos are a thing, and they’re your go-to look this summer! Breeze through your fave festival like a golden goddess with a patterned metallic hair tattoo for a unique spin on a typical braid.
7. Vida Kush Floral Braid Ins ($24): Give your desert ‘do some romantic appeal with a sweet string of daisies. Weave this piece into a braided hairstyle at Coachella and all those summer weddings on your roster.
8. Regal Rose Sun Charm Braid Ring ($18): Bring on the charm! For an edgy concert look, skip the piercing parlor and opt for some subtle charms instead.
9. Two Tiny Braids: There’s a time and place for ultra-sleek ‘dos, and music festivals are not one of them. With all the bobbing and dancing you’re bound to do, most pretty hairstyles won’t stand a chance. One exception: this messy ‘do that’ll keep you rocking out in style. (via Brit + Co)
10. Woven Headpiece: For a look that screams Woodstock, kick it old school with a classic hippie ‘do. This woven headpiece is perfect for a lazy down hairstyle, and will help deflect attention from that second-day hair you’re bound to be rocking. (via Brit + Co)
11. Free People Leather Leaf Braid In ($24): Forget the feathers, and add some leather. These braid-ins will add a modern twist to your festival style, and leather is much more durable than feathers or flowers.
12. Braided Headpiece: Take your boho look in a sweeter direction. These chunky braids are the perfect stay-put accessory for a weekend of lounging, camping and listening to music. (via @amberfillerup)
13. Flower Ribbon: Trade in the faux flowers for a fresh garland instead. This look is so simple — all it takes is flowers, ribbon and a trusty old bobby pin. (via The Beauty Department)
14. ASOS Rio Hair Clips ($10): Pump up the color by haphazardly placing these vibrant florals in a messy side braid. Pair with a fringed-out crop top and boho maxi for maximum impact.
15. Orelia Skinny Suede Flower Headband ($9): You didn’t think we’d forget the floral crown, did you? For a traditional festival look, wear a suede (or fresh) floral crown for a light and airy bohemian feel.
What style will you be rocking this festival season? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.