As the weather heats up, so begins our obsession with the perfect summer hair essentials. We look to our wardrobes for summer statement pieces that will really set us apart from the crowd, but we’re also always in the market for some fresh summer hairstyles. From updos to braids to fun boho accessories, we’ve got the looks that’ll take you from music festival season to a Sunday stroll in the park with minimal time and effort. Scroll through these 13 picks to find your new go-to summer ‘do.
1. Knotted Scarf Chignon: Forget those fancy chignons and opt for something light and fun instead. Add a brightly colored scarf to a low-maintenance bun for a carefree weekend spent in the sun. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Faux Bob: Channel your inner Marilyn this summer season with a sweet and simple faux bob. This short style is sure to keep you cool (in every sense of the word), without the commitment of chopping off your long locks. (via @hapatime)
4. Double Waterfall Twist: Throw on a kimono and some frayed denim shorts and head to your next festival with these relaxed waterfall twists. This braid is easier to master than it looks! (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. Fishtail Braid: Gearing up for an island getaway? This strong-holding, no-fuss hairstyle is sure to survive any aquatic activity you’ve got planned, from laying out on the beach to catching your next wave. (via @hapatime)
6. The Signature 901 Wave: It wouldn’t be summer without some soft beachy waves. Strut your stuff on the beach like an off-duty model with some loose waves and a distinct middle part. (via Refinery29)
7. Free People Beach Ready Braid In ($20): Forget the jewelry and add a little bling to your mermaid waves instead. Capture those boho vibes for your next beach vacation with this simple braid-in clip.
8. Workout Braid: This sporty style will hold up through all your summer activities (and we’re not talking Baywatch-style slow-mo runs on the beach). An ultra-tough braid will take you from your 6am spin class to brunch with the gals, zero touch-ups necessary. (via Brit + Co)
9. Bone-Straight Bob: Calling all Posh Spice wannabes! Rock your summer ‘90s style with a stick-straight asymmetrical bob that would give Victoria Beckham a run for her money. (via @ingridnilsen)
10. Festival Braids: Bring on the cool-girl vibes with this stylish braided ‘do — think faux dreads. This look is perfect for a summer full of music festivals, or simply bumming at the beach. (via @kirstenzellars)
11. Ballerina Bun: Drop the messy topknot and opt for something with a bit more poise. Attend your next outdoor wedding with this flawless style, great for casual and fancy occasions alike. (via @juliahengel)
13. French Girl: Glam your way through summer with European flair. Whether you’re traveling to Paris or hitting your local farmer’s market, you’ll look sweet and chic in this French-girl style. (via Brit + Co)
Which summer hairstyle are you eager try? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.